• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fully tank grown, long tentacle, green TORCH COLONY (8 heads)

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
***SOLD***

I'm downsizing my systems and I have quite a bit of stuff that needs to go. I'm going to list the bigger stuff in separate threads like this one.

I grew this from a tiny single head several years ago. I don't know the "type" other than it has long tentacles and is green. One friend said its an indo one; I'm not really into the LPS game so its WYSIWYG.

It is splitting fairly rapidly now. It presently has 8 heads with one that has recently split and another that is going to split very soon.

It gets quite a bit of indirect flow, but its not directly in front of a powerhead.

The base skeleton is epoxied to a tile so that it can be set on the bottom (or buried in the sand and will stand up straight). I presently have it up on a rock in the back just to get it out of the way.

It has been growing under T5+LED, but early on I had it in my frag tank under MH. It did perfectly fine under both and adapted quickly so I'm sure it will like whatever you have as long as there is decent light and flow.

I would prefer not to ship this, though I will at your cost and risk. I have years of experience shipping corals and have proper insulated boxes and bags but this is sort of an oddball shape and size. I estimate that shipping would be ~$80 (maybe more like 60 in the SE and 100 to West coast) to most places but I can check.

$400 - prefer local sale

I am attaching some pics from a few weeks ago as it normally looks, and then a couple more pics from a couple nights ago where I agitated it to show the heads a little better. Please note it is hard to get decent pics because it is in a very inconvenient spot in a fairly large tank.

Thanks!
Ed

IMG_6105.jpg IMG_6106.jpg IMG_6392.jpg IMG_6393.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
acro-ed

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not really sure either. I know torches have been pricey for awhile but let’s just focus on this colony being totally tank grown, not wild, and a heck of a deal. I just need to downsize right now and this takes up a good bit of space.

thanks everyone,
Ed

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not really sure either. I know torches have been pricey for awhile but let’s just focus on this colony being totally tank grown, not wild, and a heck of a deal. I just need to downsize right now and this takes up a good bit of space.

thanks everyone,
Ed
I know if I had the room, I'd pay that shipping fee in a heartbeat.
Sweet deal

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely interested. Where in Florida are you ? I’m in SC but looking for a reason to go to Florida lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back