Fumigation tomorrow. I decided to do nothing for my 450G reef tank system.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad everything turned out good for you.i know with all the information just in this thread alone and with one the replys being from a fumigator saying do this and do that then i would done what he said just to be certain but thats just me.
Well tell a lie i would of started getting all the information alot sooner than 1 day before fumigation day but i never been in situation you was in but can only imagine it would be a very stressful time indeed but im glad you had 0 casualties and lost animals and money and had to clean up all the mess from it.good luck in future,hope all goes well ^_^

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does definitely leave the question of wondering what would've happened if you did nothing for sure.

But again better safe than sorry, I would've tried to cover it up best i could too. I think you did great. Glad it worked out.

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Whooooohooooo glad everyone's alive...I'll definitely do this method when it's my turn

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it worked out.....and the sump fish are still all good too hahaha! Thx for logging the journey

Tom Tom Law

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed the fish release form.
Fumigation will take place tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 8.08.41 AM.png

The fumigation will suggest removing fish BECAUSE they don't want to me liable. This is to cover their butt.

My question was, if any of u had fumigation (or know someone who had), and had causality, please let me know.

I thought the vikane gas will penetrate even plastic bag. That is why they have nylofume bags for the food.
If vikane can get into inside the walls which are "sealed up" (if there is not even an outlet), how can the plastic bag seal up the tank? And I have to seal up the cabinet which has all kinds of pipes, wiring running from it? I can turn off the pump circulating the water to my 3-stack 40G system (which is too much to seal up), but then vikane will get into water in there and when I turn pump back on, poisonous water will circulate?
I will run the skimmer air line to outside. I will run an air pump from outside. I will seal up the top of the display tank.... but I have doubt.

I guess I will be the first telling people that I fish or inverts DIED because of fumigation.
How did this work out for you??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back