Fungal infection?

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone- I have an outbreak of fungus in my fish (white and fluffy). Affected so far are one cinnamon clown ( isolated to pectoral fins right now) and a black clown goby ( body along the lateral line). I also have another cinnamon clown and neon cleaner goby that haven't shown any signs.
I put all fish in QT and started treating with erythromycin and garlic soaked foods. I also have artemiss but have not dosed it with the antibiotic (going to use as a mild dip before going back into the tank). I also have a UV sterilizer I'm going to run in the display for a while after the fish return.

Does anyone have any other recommendations or thoughts? I have never had to treat for this before.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungus is rather rare in SW fish but still a possibility.

Is it possible to upload pics of the fish so we can take a look?

White and fluffy on the fins makes me think lympho but without seeing them it’s hard to tell for certain.

OP
OP
ProfessorAronnax

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fungus is rather rare in SW fish but still a possibility.

Is it possible to upload pics of the fish so we can take a look?

White and fluffy on the fins makes me think lympho but without seeing them it’s hard to tell for certain.
I'm sorry but no pics. The QT is opaque to prevent them from freaking out too bad. What is lympho?

OP
OP
ProfessorAronnax

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked up some images and it doesn't look like lympho. Looks more like fin rot. If that's the case hopefully a round of antibiotics helps

OP
OP
ProfessorAronnax

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured I would give an update. The clowns and gobies all went through a full dose of antibiotics and got a FW with artemiss. They got some good nutritious probiotic foods with garlic. All the affected areas have completely healed. The color of the fish(es) has improved and so has their personalities. Guess they had been feeling it for a little bit.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back