Fusiliers... Anyone have them? (Pictures always welcome!!!)

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, I wanted larger shoaling fish to be part of my stocking list of my new build, Tiny-The Wallet Destroyer...

I really like the looks of this fish, the Blue & Yellow Fusilier, Caesio teres.

Caesio teres.jpg

I've read that they are fairly popular overseas but not here in the States, despite being colorful, active, easy to feed, easy to collect and relatively hardy. Also, since they're very common in the wild, less pressue on wild populations.

Potential downsides I've read is that they can get fairly large, and can eat smaller fish once they reach those larger sizes.

My idea is to house a small group (5-6) of these with a small shoal of Squarespot Anthias, which as far as I understand it are one of the larger anthias, to provide lots of movement and color in the open-space above my scape.

This will be a large tank, between 10 and 12 long by 4 feet deep and 4 feet wide so should have plenty of room.

Thoughts?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet fish.

I don't think most of us will have much to contribute. they're pretty big and active for most of our tanks. My moderately sized 125 obviously wouldn't work.

If I had a huge tank, they would be a great group to consider. Snapper are another one I would think about keeping.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back