Fwd: New to the area, I need some Macroalgae! What have you got in your sump?

ricksnoddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the area and none of my LFS seem to carry it.

I can't buy it online from any of the usual vendors as they all seem to be out of stock. I am uncertain if this is due to the time of year or what.

I have a relatively new 150 gallon set up. I have everything set up except for some chaetomorpha in my sump. I need to start exporting excess Nitrate!

I am in NW Indian if there are any members in my area.

I am a 15 year member of DFWMAS and I am trying to find an active club in my area. I just saw a frag swap in SE Indiana and it is about 3 hours south of me :-(
Please send me a message if you can help a fellow reefer out!!

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble!

Rick

3370AB5D-B4BB-4772-98AA-F94ECB1C2D81.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - right now AlgaeBarn is not out of stock on either Red Ogo or Chaeto

I've gone Red Ogo as it both works as macroalgae for my sump and snack for my tangs. Vibrant killed it, so I got more from AlgaeBarn and began growing it in QT until I can return it to my sump. My little $7 for 2 LED 5000k bulbs local home improvement store light has nearly doubled my ogo despite daily trimmings for tangs

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off Welcome to R2R!!!

This is an extremely helpful community, and I know we have a club section within the site! I am in CA, sorry I am not closer.
Would not recommend getting chaeto or another macroalgae from someone or LFS either... every nuisance pest problem they have just goes directly into your own tank via... who needs that headache... spend a tiny bit (relatively... compared to what you might have to treat!) and order online from clean source

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would not recommend getting chaeto or another macroalgae from someone or LFS either... every nuisance pest problem they have just goes directly into your own tank via... who needs that headache... spend a tiny bit (relatively... compared to what you might have to treat!) and order online from clean source
I have successful dipped 4 cups cheato for 20 mins in Coral RX. Then tossed it in (cold) fresh RO water for an extra 10 mins (cold because I didn’t care to heat it up.). Then without acclamation, rinsed it off in salt water and toss it in the sump. This was after it spent 3 days in the mail from EBay. None of it died.

This logic wrong?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back