Galaxy coral suddenly starting to die, not sure what to do.

cutereeffish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to preface, the tank is not mine (it's my dads) but I do help out with it as much as I can, but I can't help much because most of my knowledge is with freshwater and definitely not coral. My dad has a 75 gallon reef tank with a lot of coral and 3 fish. He has this galaxy coral that he has had for 5+ years I think, its about the size of a softball, and recently within the past few months its been slowly dying. Before it was just a slow, like one or two heads would be dying but now within the past week its been going a lot faster. Only about half of it is alive now and you can just see all the dead heads and it spreading throughout the coral. It is still growing though and trying to grow onto to substrate. I would just like to know if there is anything I can do to stop it or do anything so that it does pollute or destroy the rest of the tank. My dad hasn't been able to take care of the tank very well lately but nothing else is dying like the galaxy that I have noticed and I would just like to know if there is anything I can do?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back