Game of Thrones (Spoiler alert)

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After getting my favorite franchise (Star Wars) get absolutely butchered lately, I feel so thankful that GoT ended in a good place.

It definitely didn’t end in a good place, unless you define “good place” as a severe disappointment in general. And I didn’t take the “negative impression” of the final scene, actually, you just proved my point that it was horribly done because you are obviously just as clueless about what was going on there as everyone else.. but I guess looking through your rose colored glasses having the final scene of an almost decade long series not make sense is a ‘good’ thing.

You definitely seem to be in the minority, seems like most fans were extremely disappointed with this very basic, uninspired, lazily executed final season.. and the last few episodes really went off the deep end.

Last edited:

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After getting my favorite franchise (Star Wars) get absolutely butchered lately, I feel so thankful that GoT ended in a good place.

lol... Prepare to have your favorite franchise butchered even more. The two Game of Thrones showrunners landed the next Star Wars trilogy. I'm pretty sure that's why they stopped caring, wrapped up GOT early, and in a completely lazy manner.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely didn’t end in a good place, unless you define “good place” as a severe disappointment in general. And I didn’t take the “negative impression” of the final scene, actually, you just proved my point that it was horribly done because you are obviously just as clueless about what was going on there as everyone else.. but I guess looking through your rose colored glasses having the final scene of an almost decade long series not make sense is a ‘good’ thing.

You definitely seem to be in the minority, seems like most fans were extremely disappointed with this very basic, uninspired, lazily executed final season.. and the last few episodes really went off the deep end.

Sorry that you have to make this personal, so I will try to avoid doing so further.

What did you expect instead of what we got? If what we got was so "basic, uninspired, [and] lazily executed," I would genuinely like to hear what your expectations were.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol... Prepare to have your favorite franchise butchered even more. The two Game of Thrones showrunners landed the next Star Wars trilogy. I'm pretty sure that's why they stopped caring, wrapped up GOT early, and in a completely lazy manner.

I'm actually super excited about that. I was totally happy with GoT as a whole and am looking forward to their work on SW. That said, Star Wars is generally "dead" in my book. So even if they fail, there's nothing to be lost but potential.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this person liked the ending of GOT so they may be excited by this news.

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you expect instead of what we got? If what we got was so "basic, uninspired, [and] lazily executed," I would genuinely like to hear what your expectations were.

Fo me, I would have liked to see anything other than another cliche ‘mad Targaryen’ ending. It was already used, masterfully, as part of the recent history of the seven kingdoms, and for D&D to just reuse that part of the story, reducing GoT into a cliche “moral of the story - history repeats itself”, was very uninspired and anything but creative, more like something you’d expect from a student in their first literature class.

But the biggest disappointment, for me, was how they really butchered the character development from all the previous seasons inspired by GRRM, just so they can wrap up the story in six slightly extended episodes. Even if you like how the story ended, many of the characters arcs deserved more depth and development to bridge the gap from where we left them in season 7.

I hope Star Wars is good..

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually kind of liked the ending. I enjoy the unexpected, and the finale continued that theme.
That being said, it should have been 10 episodes. I felt that Dany’s twist wasn’t that farfetched. They just didn’t give it the build up required within this season.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was alright until Drogon flew off

then it was an actual meme

D&D should be fired from Star Wars immediately unless they're basing it on a book of some sort. and that book better not be an incomplete series or disaster

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s no “Lost”, I’ll say that much. This hit me similar to the end of Dexter who ever called that earlier in this thread. Spot on. Just feel empty and confused, what happened? When did Arya decide she wants to be some seafarer on a boat to nowhere; Bon voyage Arya ! You will be missed! I loved your assassin days! Looks like your off to become Indiana Jones or Jack Sparrow or god knows what because you didn’t tell us ****.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
time for MEMES

When Sansa just gets her own Kingdom

athlyoasz9z21.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back