Game of Thrones (Spoiler alert)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I been thinking about all of it and boy was it bad..

There were so many theories on how it was going to end that were far better.

I mean why didn't John Snow take control of the dragon and kill Dani? Poetic justice? He was the rightful king.

Instead he rides out into the sunset. He was sentenced to a place that was destroyed but it wasn't?
He is a dutiful person and he ignores his sentence?

None of it made sense.

Arya becomes this little pansy girl running out of the city. She does not get her last kill that was a prophecy.

The show never really ended. It now feels like I wasted time.

I hope HBO does not screw up Deadwood movie.

At least Big Bang had a perfect ending for a show.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope HBO does not screw up Deadwood movie.
This worries me, Waiting 15 years to acknowledge they screwed the pooch cancelling this the way they did and now trying to fix it builds me up for a giant let down. I will have an Al Swearingen profanity laced tirade for HBO if this is a disaster.

As for Thrones, D&D were in a lose/lose situation if you ask me. Expectations outgrew reality and it didn't matter how they ended it, half the world would be outraged. A full season would have been nice, The biggest episode of the series was so dark you couldnt even see what happened. 6.5 great seasons and 1.5 mediocre at best still better than 90% of the crap they throw at us.

see ya in Westworld

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol... Prepare to have your favorite franchise butchered even more. The two Game of Thrones showrunners landed the next Star Wars trilogy. I'm pretty sure that's why they stopped caring, wrapped up GOT early, and in a completely lazy manner.

That would explain a lot. It feels like my long time gf broke up with me over text and moved out of the country

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think the episode was terrible... the expectations were just really really high. I’m grateful to the show and it’s creators; clearly they captured us all in this fiction :)

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would explain a lot. It feels like my long time gf broke up with me over text and moved out of the country

One of them is also the genius that brought us the original appearance of Deadpool, in the Wolverine movie. You know, with the laser beam eyes, arm katanas, sewn up mouth, etc.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think the episode was terrible... the expectations were just really really high. I’m grateful to the show and it’s creators; clearly they captured us all in this fiction :)

I actually agree. I expected worse, believe it or not. I guess this answers my question about why build Bran up so much... I am glad the mad Queen isn't around to flame, glad Tyrian isn't dead --- the ending did seem more about setting up possible sequels than actually ending anything. Why did Drogon just bail? Jon should have had him up at Castle Black? I am glad Sansa had a throne. The CGI with Drogon on the final episode was very strong, IMO.

It was not the best season and definitely seemed rushed and I am not overall "thrilled" with any of it but it far exceeded my (lower) expectations.

Bran will "find" Drogon, can even "control him" via warg or whatever.

Last edited:

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of them is also the genius that brought us the original appearance of Deadpool, in the Wolverine movie. You know, with the laser beam eyes, arm katanas, sewn up mouth, etc.

Well didn't know that. In a weird way it makes me feel better about it. My expectations were obviously way above the talent level.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cgi ones do...
If Ravens and people do, it's not a stretch to assume that Dragons do! Heck, they exist.... that's also not possible! :D

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked it. I think the ending was great. It was basically saying that life will go on and we've learned from the mistakes of our past and we're going to do things better this time. John never wanted to be King, so he got his way. Dany proved to be dangerous (just like her ancestors before her). Bran was a fair, safe choice for a peaceful future. All of this makes for a less dramatic finish and hence why people are complaining. It was a "happy" ending and now a days people don't seem to like that.

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm the only one that wanted tyrion to burn.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t say any opinion is right or wrong, it’s all subjective by nature.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was/am very critical of the last season, however I found the final episode to be very good. It seemed to have less illogical nonsense than the last 1.5 seasons (although it did have some). I noticed the fan base really started to turn at EP4, and they generally don't come back no matter what. I would have liked to see the last season progress differently, however for what they set up before the final episode - the resolution was better than I thought it would be. I got flack from my friends when I said I didn't like parts of season 7 and early season 8, and now they turned on the show and give me flack that I am happy with the last episode.

Ideally I would have preferred the night king battle to be the final since it seems so important (life and death) vs being a ruler. I would have had the battle of Winterfall a diversion by the NK while his main force and dragon marched on King's Landing. The two human armies would have to decide to work together or be destroyed and the resulting single battle could have had a larger scale with the period right after the victory over NK being when the power play for king happened in the confusion and chaos.

The CGI dragons were on point, the snow/dust being shrugged off was sweet and the shot of the wings behind Danny was great. I didn't know if Tyrion would survive which was good anticipation, I really didn't know who killed whom with Jon and Danny at 1st, and the twist of making the new king was solid. I never even considered him being the king but yet it made sense. That is a good fit for me. Jon's ending was bitter sweet, which was solid in my mind. The nights watch is defunct, however with Jon's leadership perhaps they can find a new purpose or perhaps it was a ruse to fool the unsullied and let Jon live with the wildlings but also ensure to the unsullied he will never rule the kingdom, it's left to the viewer and I thought was decent.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back