Game of Thrones (Spoiler alert)

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jones is sentenced to the Night's Watch. What Night's Watch? Why is there still a Night's Watch? lol. The Walkers are gone, and there is peace with the Freefolk.

I'm pretty sure that, apart from a few Unsullied who would die, no one would have an issue with him walking free. Also, the Unsullied left... So what stopped Bran from pardoning him, after that? And Bran being king is just silly. Like, Jon is the king. Again, were that announced, I don't think too many would take exception to it.

I don't know... It was just a rushed, nonsensical wrap up. All because D&D wanted to be done it with, and go do Stsr Wars. HBO wanted two more seasons or, at the very least, ten episodes for this one to do it properly.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jones is sentenced to the Night's Watch. What Night's Watch? Why is there still a Night's Watch? lol. The Walkers are gone, and there is peace with the Freefolk.

I'm pretty sure that, apart from a few Unsullied who would die, no one would have an issue with him walking free. Also, the Unsullied left... So what stopped Bran from pardoning him, after that? And Bran being king is just silly. Like, Jon is the king. Again, were that announced, I don't think too many would take exception to it.

I don't know... It was just a rushed, nonsensical wrap up. All because D&D wanted to be done it with, and go do Stsr Wars. HBO wanted two more seasons or, at the very least, ten episodes for this one to do it properly.

Unsullied that is another joke.. Totally Sullied killing innocents. They need to change their name.

U

User1

View Badges
With a season finale, and series for that matter, only being one hour and twenty some odd minutes with most of it spent showing Tyrion walking around death and destruction one can only wonder why the season felt rushed. It was rushed - there is no doubt about it and I expect most viewers to agree. From the loose ends to the errors in editing the season was an epic failure on many levels. Personally I would have increased the number of episodes this season and ended it with Jamie and his sisters death. Let the next season develop the aftermath in more detail and end it with Danny's death.

This would give more meaning to Varys sacrifice and messages he sent out. Also the final scene with Jon leaving would have also provided more context. He was more or less exiled so instead of staying he just said to heck with it and left. Thus the gate closing with everyone following him. So now you have options for spin offs. Messages sent out, Jon out and about exploring, and a two ton heavy thing (dragon) flying around carrying a dead body...

Should make for a few good spin offs... Me personally knew it was a mistake when they adapted it to film. There is too much detail in the books to adapt. These are not short stories after all.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. Night's Watch was just an excuse to get Jon out of the picture at King's Landing. There's literally nothing to complain about on that front. The actual Night's Watch doesn't have to exist, it only served to placate the call for justice against Jon. Who knows if something else evil won't come later? 3ER maybe knows. Everyone else is guessing.
  2. The Greyjoy lady specifically called for justice against Jon, so yes, there were others, including the Dothraki that were left, that would have an issue with Jon walking free. Bran could have pardoned him, but Bran was not Bran. Bran is the Three Eyed Raven. People keep forgetting this and calling him "Bran." He is Bran in body only, in all real effect he is the Three Eyed Raven. It's not silly for the Three Eyed Raven to want Jon out of the picture. Even Jon never wanted to be King, so why complain that he doesn't get it? That's a serious question.
  3. It was definitely rushed, but all this talk about Star Wars being the cause is just ridiculous. There are production dates, script dates all that is scheduled. It had nothing to do with Star Wars. Unless you can provide direct proof with the writers and production team talking about it, it's just an unfounded theory.

dutch27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The finale was hot garbage.

Arya advocates for the Starks staying/acting as a family, then disappears on a ship sailing to the unknown abandoning the pack. Arya's time with the Faceless Man was meaningless, she used it to kill a couple of enemies, then it never came up again.

Huge build up about Jon being the rightful heir, and he disappears with the wildlings. I'm okay with him heading off with the wildlings, but why bother creating this whole plot point about his family lineage? Going as far as him being able to fly a dragon, but not do anything with it? Plot line that went nowhere. Why did winter disappear so fast? Killing the Night King means it's eternal summer now?

Bran as the king? The guy was barely even in the last couple of seasons, and suddenly he's king? Why didn't the other 6 kingdoms go nuts when he granted Winterfell independence but not them? The Iron Borne at least should have put up a fight. Why does he need a master of whispers as he's an all-knowing being? Why does he claim he wants the throne "why do you think I came all this way", when he's been saying he seems to have no desire for things like thrones and castles since becoming the three-eyed raven? There was never a hint he may have been playing a long-con.

It was better than the ending of Dexter, I'll give it that, but it was awful. It wasn't awful because of not ending as-expected, but because nothing that happened kept with the nature of the character development over the previous seasons.

I will say though don't blame HBO. As I understand it, they offered more money and more seasons, but the writers turned it down.

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The finale was hot garbage.

Arya advocates for the Starks staying/acting as a family, then disappears on a ship sailing to the unknown abandoning the pack. Arya's time with the Faceless Man was meaningless, she used it to kill a couple of enemies, then it never came up again.

Wouldn't say meaningless...I mean she did kill the Night King. Not necessarily a sneaky/ninja kill...but her training with the Faceless Man probably had a huge part in that.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. Night's Watch was just an excuse to get Jon out of the picture at King's Landing. There's literally nothing to complain about on that front. The actual Night's Watch doesn't have to exist, it only served to placate the call for justice against Jon. Who knows if something else evil won't come later? 3ER maybe knows. Everyone else is guessing.
  2. The Greyjoy lady specifically called for justice against Jon, so yes, there were others, including the Dothraki that were left, that would have an issue with Jon walking free. Bran could have pardoned him, but Bran was not Bran. Bran is the Three Eyed Raven. People keep forgetting this and calling him "Bran." He is Bran in body only, in all real effect he is the Three Eyed Raven. It's not silly for the Three Eyed Raven to want Jon out of the picture. Even Jon never wanted to be King, so why complain that he doesn't get it? That's a serious question.
  3. It was definitely rushed, but all this talk about Star Wars being the cause is just ridiculous. There are production dates, script dates all that is scheduled. It had nothing to do with Star Wars. Unless you can provide direct proof with the writers and production team talking about it, it's just an unfounded theory.

I didn't mentinon the Greyjoy lady, because she wasn't worth mentioning... Like, the *** is Yara going to do? lol. She has maybe half a dozen ships, and a handful of men. The vast majority of the Iron Fleet, and their forces, got dragon nuked at King's Landing. I'm pretty sure they're going to do precisely zero against the Northmen, the Knights of the Vale, the Tully forces, the Dornish, etc.

Oh, and not to mention the country as a whole, who sees Jon as a saviour, not just with killing Dany, but the whole undead thing.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2019-5-20_11-32-31.jpeg

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then get different writers. I mean you have the author there to help.

Correct. I agree with you 100%.
That's the right thing to do.

But HBO has a budget set and they are a corporation. And their number 1 goal is to make as much money as possible for their share holders.

RR Martin talks about budget and time constraints here.

Also says he would have liked longer seasons and more episodes.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Somewhere I read that the books suggest that Tyrion was not a Lannister by blood, but a Targaryen. I was hoping that she would try to burn him and he would walk out of the fire. That would have been pretty epic.

He is thought to be a Targaryen that is why the Dragons did not kill him when he freed them.
The way I understand I forget his name but he had eyes for Tyrions mother and may have forced himself on her.
That is why I thought he would be king. He was part Lannister and Targaryan which would have been perfect.

It never said for sure though.

I saw a video that had tons of proof he may be Targaryan.

U

User1

View Badges
But HBO has a budget set and they are a corporation. And their number 1 goal is to make as much money as possible for their share holders.

I agree - budget, corporation, etc. On the other hand this is their money maker. I'm pretty sure a lot of people subscribed to HBO just for this. I know I did and canceled it a few minutes ago. Not out of frustration but that I just do not watch HBO other than my curiosity on their adaptation on the books. Heck, I remember reading the first three books while in Hawaii in-between dives before they became popular.

In any case valid points and ty for vid. A good watch.

U

User1

View Badges
He is thought to be a Targaryen that is why the Dragons did not kill him when he freed them.
The way I understand I forget his name but he had eyes for Tyrions mother and may have forced himself on her.
That is why I thought he would be king. He was part Lannister and Targaryan which would have been perfect.

It never said for sure though.

I saw a video that had tons of proof he may be Targaryan.

Another one of those loose ends or threads that will never be cleared up but spoken about at a water cooler or elevator ride. Jon or Tyrion both would have been good choices for King for sure though.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another one of those loose ends or threads that will never be cleared up but spoken about at a water cooler or elevator ride. Jon or Tyrion both would have been good choices for King for sure though.

Also Tyrions father said how many times you cant be my son your someone elses.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back