ENDED - Coral Mania AFTER Sale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So what's new? Gone hunting lately? Decided to move out of a place where humans shouldn't live?
Going fishing tomorrow and kayaking next Friday. No hunting recently but I'm going to try to take my daughter to the range tomorrow.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Going fishing tomorrow and kayaking next Friday. No hunting recently but I'm going to try to take my daughter to the range tomorrow.
What do y'all got over there? I'm guessing y'all have largemouth, and good sized ones too considering they only grow when it's warm. That's why Mexico has some of the largest bass in the world. I'd love to go. That, plus fishing for an Amazon Peacock bass would be an amazing trip!

Last edited:

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Also, how is the water clarity in y'alls lakes? Here in Houston, our water is muddy colored, but in the hill country (central Texas) the water is crystal clear. It all comes out of the ground through natural springs. The lakes are as clear as aquarium water.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right now the water is dirty from all the rains and snow melt.b unfortunately we have quagga mussels in a lot of our lakes which makes them pretty clear which is not always a good thing.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We have large mouth, small mouth, white, and striped bass, bluegills, catfish, and crappie here locally and then we have trout, walleye, and pike up north. They stock the urban lakes with catfish and bluegills, and then with trout in the cooler months.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have large mouth, small mouth, white, and striped bass, bluegills, catfish, and crappie here locally and then we have trout, walleye, and pike up north. They stock the urban lakes with catfish and bluegills, and then with trout in the cooler months.
Holy crap! How do y'all have smallmouth? Are they restocked annually like the trout? Some larger ponds in my area do trout every fall, but they all die off in the summer. It's too hot for smallmouth here, so it seems odd that they would be ok in the desert.

We have largemouth, white, and striped bass. For catfish we have blue, channel, yellow, and mud. Lot's of bluegill everywhere, plus crappie (or as yankees call them, white perch).

We have costal fishing too though which is primarily rainbow trout, redfish (red drum), and flounder. Of course, there's all kinds of stuff in the ocean, but those are the primary game with people go for. Lighting into a monster bull red is a blast! The suckers get huge and are strong as crap! You light into a good one and you might fight it for a good 15-30 minutes. They see the surface and just start stripping out drag. Not me in the photo, but just wanted to show a pic of them for size reference. The Texas record is just under 60 pounds.

redfish.jpg

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Right now the water is dirty from all the rains and snow melt.b unfortunately we have quagga mussels in a lot of our lakes which makes them pretty clear which is not always a good thing.
I had to google those mussels. Look to be a pest. Can you eat them at least?

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not too bad my friend! How you been?
Good! Busy, but good. Last Monday I power-washed the house. Sure enough, it knocked some paint off, which turned into "now you need to repaint the house". Luckily, Sherwin Williams had a 30% off sale going on so I loaded up and got to work. After about two days of painting, the weather decided that it's just going to rain everyday for the next couple of weeks, which is a bummer. I want to get it finished. What I got done looks good so far though!

Aqua62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long-Banner.jpg

FINAL SCORE

@Aqua62 - 6
@tbrown (man it feels good not to have type as much to have your name pull up. As much as I type your name, I really appreciate the change!) - 2
@KK's Reef - 1
@hionreef - 1

Congratulations to @Aqua62 on winning a $30 Gift Card!

Next game and prize coming up in about 30 so stick around for your chance to win a Mystery Frag!
@CodyBot, please pass the GC on to the next runner up if he can use it or the next and so on. I already now I will be quite busy this weekend, not able to use it this time around, I will pop in and out when I get the chance, give the card to someone that will be able to use it. I always love the challenge of an @CodyBot game when I can.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Long-Banner.jpg

GAME REMINDER
RANDOM TRIVIA

title gif.gif

What time is it ? Trivia time! For this game, I will post a random trivia question every hour, on the hour. The first person to answer the question correctly gets a point. After ten rounds, the person with the most points wins a MYSTERY FRAG!!!

In the event of a tie, the person that scored first wins! Good luck

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back