OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seneye on the way, SA had a 10% sale and i had rewards. Will allow more precise testing of the diffusers for par and spectrum.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seneye arrives tomorrow. Will get the more accurate par and some spectrum charts up by this weekend :)

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
059d77c78b632ca2a340cd48db463e56.jpg

They really need a mac version of their software i hate pc lol

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad.

I really dont think this diffuser is going to achieve what i wanted. Par center of tank went from 255 to 234. Which is not an issue tbh. But the blending is less than i would desire.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent updated for a few months. Life got in the way lol.

But in the spirit of life in the way simplifying the tank. Adding a profilux 4 and a calcium reactor. Eventually will add the kh director to control the reactor. More automation and less time filling and cleaning things like dosing containers.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this sending one away for trade shows is annoying.

No pictures unless want a picture of my seneye dashboard [emoji23].

According to brs the cal reactor arrived today.

No idea when the profilux arrives still processing my order from sunday. I be broke lol. But went with the profilux over apex for a few reasons.

1). Stability less reports of losing wifi connection.
2). Form factor. No endless modules to find a home for. With expansion boards i can actually control my reef and my planted tank from a single box. Eventually maybe anyway 3 ph probes, 2 2.1 dosers are not exactly cheap.

3). Kh director is a proven tech piece over the newly released trident.

Down sides. Moderately more expensive. $699 vs the el at $499. Kh director is about $100 more than the trident when add a doser. Plus is ghl actually makes a 4 head doser vs the 2 head for apex. But ghl power bar is only 6 vs 8 outlets. Also will not control my ai lights. No idea if i will ever need this tbh, i have never been away from my tank, and thought i should tinker with lights? No par meter by them, but i have the seneye so dont think i need something as exact as a pmk tbh.

But its a lot prettier [emoji23]

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
05eb17fefe03dc9cee089b9bb1b9aa07.jpg
5760552cbb8f9e25f287d0bbdb2062eb.jpg

Got home had enough time to connect to wifi. Still need to turn on myghl and calibrate the ph probe, and activate the power bar.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
db5fcf061eb75bc78e2375cfdbe01359.jpg

Ph probe calibrated(taken right before lights on so my low point?). Fuge has been offline as i did some wire management getting this in my cabinet. Believe i might be selling the fuge light and switching this to where the carx goes(in sump type)

myGhl connection active.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f67793d91645e9f25a4386d6f25b8b87.jpg

When you are cleaning out the fuge to install a carx.
b9028148f1f21b4e65e96542dd558c8f.jpg

For better reference of well things can hide its only a trigger 26, last i saw him was only about 4” long

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what sort of worm is that? If reef safe toss him back in!

large and spooky looking for sure

Removed the refugium to make room for the reactor. I dont really want anything with spines in the dt that i might inadvertently touch lol

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little has progressed. Ended up visiting the er for some arm pain and in a sling and muscle relaxers till i see an orthopedic on Monday. Tank work and one arm is about the last thing on my mind [emoji23]. at this moment my aws has become very much appreciated lol

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So saw an orthopedic surgeon today. Its Not my shoulder, so waiting for more tests.
Yay insurance [emoji23]

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still awaiting an MRI my insurance decided to authorize a different test than what was ordered so now waiting on the OS fighting for the test that was perscribed.

Lost my lubocki had a brown out while i was watching my tank. The lubocki freaked out when lights came back on and went head first into the wall. I have terrible luck with wrasses.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost power during the storms on Monday night. Solar generator kicked on for the pumps, wifi, and profilux. On Tuesday night generator failed and the back up battery operated air pump never kicked on. When I finally got back home this afternoon, found my two clowns, my red lined wrasse and coral beauty dead. A bacteria bloom was already occurring from the increased ammonia. My corals seemed unaffected, except a ricordea mushroom was quite distressed. Did a water change, changed the carbon and put on a uv sterilizer.

Will keep an eye on the corals, honestly unsure where I want to go from here. Corals are nice but the fish made the tank for me. The one clown was almost 4 years old, the other 3.

The coral beauty added not long after the upgrade to the 40b.

My freshwater planted and pond had no fatalities.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been over 2 weeks, have not added livestock still so still just an invert coral tank. miss the fish. Also had a small algae outbreak. Nutrients are not that out of whack tbh but think constant grazing of the dwarf angel was keeping my rock work free of hair algae. Debating on an urchin, bought some epoxy to secure my frags if i do.

OP
OP
Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a single dwarf angel today. Will be the only fish till i move will post some pictures when its out in the open more. About an inch size wise. When move its going to a 125.

Back