Geo's Reef Rubbermaid Stock Tank Sock Holders

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It was shipped and shipping was almost the same price as the bin. You might be able to find something locally if you live near any feed stores.

Another thing to note is that you may not want to fill this all the way up. A store by me used these for a live rock display and had an issue with one of them busting. Maybe they overfilled it? Who knows. I only keep mine 3/5 of the way full.

WWIII

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Woah these are awesome! I hadn't ever ran across these. Too bad the price can't be lower. A lot of materials I assume.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Woah these are awesome! I hadn't ever ran across these. Too bad the price can't be lower. A lot of materials I assume.
That’s some good info thanks. I can get the Rubbermaid stock tanks locally. I just liked the shape and deminsions of this better.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m in the very beginning stages of planning a fish room with a large system in it. I have something very specific I want to do with the “sump”. I’ve been trying to come up with some ready made containiers that would fit the space and and my needs. Starting to lean towards making a plywood sump, then I can customize it completely. I will probably still be callin geo to make me some sock holders though.

DangerDave

View Badges
Reaction score
The Buckhorn units will bow as the are not really made for water like the rubber made units.
I’ve seen them used by a reef store locally, filled almost to the top. I just got one for a sump, picked up from Grainger. It’s not filled, still working on layout. They’re rated to hold 900lbs. I think I’ll have about 75 gallons in there.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
I use the buckhorn units in food processing plant. They get replaced regularly as can crack on the bottom.

What's better food for you fish. A High Quality Frozen or High Quality Dry Food?

• High Quality Frozen

Votes: 205 76.2%
  • High Quality Dry

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

Votes: 19 7.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
The Random Flow Generator™ Nozzle by VCA
Aquaticlife