Geo's Reef Rubbermaid Stock Tank Sock Holders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was shipped and shipping was almost the same price as the bin. You might be able to find something locally if you live near any feed stores.

Another thing to note is that you may not want to fill this all the way up. A store by me used these for a live rock display and had an issue with one of them busting. Maybe they overfilled it? Who knows. I only keep mine 3/5 of the way full.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah these are awesome! I hadn't ever ran across these. Too bad the price can't be lower. A lot of materials I assume.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah these are awesome! I hadn't ever ran across these. Too bad the price can't be lower. A lot of materials I assume.
That’s some good info thanks. I can get the Rubbermaid stock tanks locally. I just liked the shape and deminsions of this better.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the very beginning stages of planning a fish room with a large system in it. I have something very specific I want to do with the “sump”. I’ve been trying to come up with some ready made containiers that would fit the space and and my needs. Starting to lean towards making a plywood sump, then I can customize it completely. I will probably still be callin geo to make me some sock holders though.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Buckhorn units will bow as the are not really made for water like the rubber made units.

I’ve seen them used by a reef store locally, filled almost to the top. I just got one for a sump, picked up from Grainger. It’s not filled, still working on layout. They’re rated to hold 900lbs. I think I’ll have about 75 gallons in there.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the sumps like this for fish rooms. Cheaper than custom acyrlic. That being said. How to keep microbubbles out from return pump pushing the water back to display sitting right next to a skimmer.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back