Get Rid of unwanted Aiptasia --- Huge Berghia Nudibranch Sale

Discussion in 'Reef Town' started by Reeftown, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Reeftown

Reeftown Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

It is important to note there is NO FREE shipping. It actually costs someone an average of $45. In order to be able to offer it on any order, that order has to be large enough so that the company makes its money on quantities. Many companies escalate the cost of the item to accommodate a low shipping cost. If you drop the price of the items so low where your margin is minimal and offer free shipping, why even be in business as you will go broke in short order? You have to always calculate your landed cost of any item. Obviously the more you order the less your landed cost per item will be. That is why I recommend friends to organize a group buy.

2. moiy24

moiy24 Well-Known Member

Can you get Lynx Nudibranch?

3. Reeftown

Sorry We only have Berghia....

4. domination2580

domination2580 Reef-a-nator R2R Supporter

I would if shipping did cost so much. 80$ shipped for 2.... great sale but shipping is what kills it for me

5. Robink

Robink Well-Known Member

I have ordered from you in the past. The berghia's did a great job on my tank. They even cleaned out the overflow. Was very happy with them. When they were all done I think I was able to get at least 100 berghias out of the tank to trade to other reefers. ;) And I think I originally bought 8 from you.
    And I never saw them till they were running out of aiptasia to eat.

Reeftown likes this.
  6. Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus Well-Known Member

Can we have it shipped to a centralized Fed Ex branch on a Saturday.

bpinkstaff likes this.
  7. reefluvrr

reefluvrr Active Member

I ordered 10 2 weeks ago. I don't seem them during the day. I forgot to ask if my Carpenter Wrasse, Lineatus Wrasse, or Hawaiian Psycho Wrasse will eat them?

8. Reeftown

Where the heck are you, I have never seen $80 shipping. Was $69 to Canada with customs and clearing docs. I agree $80 would be a killer for me too. That being said, Fed Ex Priority overnight shipping is outrageous. It is a pass through item, we issue EXACTLY what fedex charges us and that is with our quantity shipping discounts and never charge for boxes, ice or heat. But all in all I am with you....ouch...

9. Reeftown

Wrasses (except for fairy wrasses & cleaners) tend to be major pickers on the Live Rock of invertebrates and therefore, COULD end up eating a berghia but it will taste like a hot jalapeño (because it incorporates the nematocysts of the aiptasia in their tissues) and he will likely spit it back out. It will unfortunately kill the one he spit out but unlikely to eat another, unless of course he's a Mexican Wrasse (that's was a joke). However, the big upside is that, they have opposite "sleep/wake cycles" . Since Berghia are nocturnal the wrasses are typically under the sand before they emerge to forage. Many clients have reported having success with wrasses present. I just recommend maybe getting a couple "sacrificial" Berghia, so you will still have sufficient quantities to do the job.

10. Reeftown

On occation we will ship on Friday for Saturday arrival, best to call us and talk with someone about your needs. It's not a normal shipping day and therefore very labor intensive for 1 shipment, since we have to drive all the way to FedEx to drop the package off, as well. Further, we stopped normal shipping on Friday because if there were a problem along the way and the package couldn't make it on Friday, you wouldn't receive it till Monday, all DOA. If, however, it takes 2 days mid week they still stand a 90% chance of survival.

11. Reeftown

Sorry I can't.

12. domination2580

domination2580 Reef-a-nator R2R Supporter

80 shipped. Meaning included with the purchase. Lol just don't have a lot of money.

13. reefluvrr

reefluvrr Active Member

Thank you for reply. I wondered about Berghia being nocturnal or not.

14. nashorn

nashorn Well-Known Member

Is this sale still going on?

Draft saved Draft deleted