OP
OP
SteveG_inDC

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 thing I recommend is have a swingable panel above the front of your tank. Working on and placing corals from the back is a pain in the ***

I sold my wife on the idea that the display tank would be flush with the wall, trimmed out, and look seamless. I don't think she'd go for me working on the "showoff" side. Also. it's above a bar so access would be very cumbersome. I'll try to attach a picture of the space where the tank is going.
IMG_0278.jpg

OP
OP
SteveG_inDC

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my wife on the idea that the display tank would be flush with the wall, trimmed out, and look seamless. I don't think she'd go for me working on the "showoff" side. Also. it's above a bar so access would be very cumbersome. I'll try to attach a picture of the space where the tank is going.
IMG_0278.jpg

Hello R2R friends. I'd like to start a build thread. Where should I put it? Member Tanks?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R friends. I'd like to start a build thread. Where should I put it? Member Tanks?

Yes Sir. Click the red link under my signature or just click here.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am new to R2R, but not new to reef-keeping. Despite having kept a 38 gallon mixed reef, then 75 gallon mixed reef, and various freshwater tanks and a pond over a period of many years, I still consider myself a beginner and will be here to ask many, many questions!

I am planning a 240 gallon in-wall tank with fishroom, something I've dreamed about for a long time. I am still in the planning stages, having ordered some equipment, have some left over from my last tank, and mostly still shopping around and watching craigslist and For-Sale forums. I will need lots of help and advice though. I hope to share with others what I've learned too. I try to rely on my local marine aquarium club but I want to see what this community has to offer.

Thanks,

Steve
(I live in DC, not Maryland, but R2R does not recognize the District of Columbia as a state -- that's a topic for another discussion).

Welcome to R2R Steve. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. It’s sounds as though you will have a lot to offer the forum too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back