Pmauro55

Pmauro55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Where to in SC?
Probably somewhere up around Columbia my wife who was my high school sweetheart has never been out of Vermont but she’s tired of the snow and the cold I only came back here to marry her so on the 19th which day after tomorrow we’re heading down to Charleston and we’re going to spend a week looking around to find out exactly which area we would like to live in I think Charleston will be out of the picture because she’s worried about hurricanes so Columbia Irmo Camden Greenville North Augusta we’re going to check them all out

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has a lot of great information out on YouTube. I see that you are watching the 52 weeks of the 160. They do a lot of great research and take the time to really dive into what they are putting out to the world. Also another good thing to watch from them is all the investigate Series. I switched to tropic Marine salt Because I like the pharmaceutical grade ingredients they use.

Best of luck with the new tank man. Also start a build thread when you start setting it up. Is sure many of us will follow the build.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably somewhere up around Columbia my wife who was my high school sweetheart has never been out of Vermont but she’s tired of the snow and the cold I only came back here to marry her so on the 19th which day after tomorrow we’re heading down to Charleston and we’re going to spend a week looking around to find out exactly which area we would like to live in I think Charleston will be out of the picture because she’s worried about hurricanes so Columbia Irmo Camden Greenville North Augusta we’re going to check them all out

We'll be praying you will find a nice place in a beautiful town to set up your new home and new aquarium. I know a little bit about stress, and moving is a great way to increase that so please take it easy and enjoy retirement.

(BTW, One of my favorite fishes, the Pomacanthus navarchus or Majestic angelfish is so beautiful.)

Welcome to Reef2Reef, Chief!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a retired US Navy Chief Petty Officer and Oceanographer having served 28 years; so the sea has been my life. I am a rescue diver and lived in Hawaii for 17 years. I received my PhD in Oceanography from the University of Hawaii Manoa have been in and out of the hobby a few times over the last 40 years. My last tank was 800 gallon fish and live rock, with a 400 gallon sump/ refrum, I lost it in a divorce I couldn’t take it, it was built into the wall. My wife and I have decided to get back into the hobby to help with my PTSD, ( my shrink recommended it )but we are taking our time and trying to catch-up on 15 years of tech advances in the hobby. That and the fact we are going to move south to South Carolina in the next 6-8 months. We are planning on a 300 gallon reef tank with a 150 Gal sump / Refugm with fish so there is a whole lot of research and reading to do before we take the plunge. Any suggestions are appreciated
thanks for your service chief. Welcome back to the salt life.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Pmauro55 !* With honor and gratitude,Thank you for your service.

WP_20170418_008_zps5nmrudc_edit_1498696427638_zps4jpxqwzo.jpg

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All nice areas, I’m in SC in a Charlotte suburb. I lived a little east of Columbia for 6 years and near Greenville for 4. Lots of growth in SC but also still a lot of wide open spaces. I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for, your first winter here you’ll wonder why you waited so long to move!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for serving. .. .
Thank you for Joining !

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back