• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Getting Out of Hobby - Free Corals, Clownfish

grassy_noel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, it's been a great two years back in the hobby, but I just found out I'll be having a second child later this year and I can't afford the time or money needed to care for my reef tank once he/she has arrived.

So, i'm looking for a good home for my fish and corals, and I'm happy to give them to a good new owner for free.

I'm in Highland Park, Illinois, about 20 miles north of Chicago. This will all be for local pickup only as I don't have the expertise needed to ship livestock. I also am not able to frag the corals off of their rocks partly because I don't have the equipment needed, and partly because many of the corals have encrusted onto the rocks.

So, here's what I have to offer (photos below):

1. Pair of standard ocellaris clowns. They are probably too young to be a "bonded pair" but they've lived together their whole lives, definitely have dominant and submissive roles, and get along very well. I'd like to keep them together.

2. Rock #1 - Zoas (left in photo)
4 types of zoas, don't know the names but there's some orange, green, and purple ones. Rock is very well covered with coralline algae.

3. Rock #2 - Easy SPS (second from left in photo)
Montipora digitata (encrusted), Birdsnest, and a 24 karat gold Leptoseris (encrusted). Rock has some coralline, but not fully covered. There's a little green hair algae (GHA) on this rock that I can scrub off with a toothbrush when I remove it from the tank (or your tangs can nibble it off, if you're lucky enough to have a tang).

4. Rock #3 - Encrusting LPS (second from right in photo)
Brick red cyphastrea (encrusted), Tyree war coral (encrusted), and a watermelon psammacora (not quite encrusted). Rock has some coralline, but not fully covered. Some GHA, same as above.

5. Rock #4 - Branching LPS (far right of photo)
4-head hammer (with 4-5 baby heads forming), 1 huge head of green frogspawn, 5-head kryptonite candy cane, 3 little blue ricordia mushrooms, and a little bit of purple galaxea. Rock has very good coralline coverage. Tiny bit of GHA on this rock as well, same as above.

6. Chalice (back left of photo)
4" diameter Hollywood Stunner chalice mounted on a small rock

7. Spitfire Favia (front center of photo)
~8 mouths, green and purple, encrusted on small rock

8. Assorted Softies (second photo)
Pulsing xenia (attached to large rock), 3" diameter green toadstool leather (attached to snail shell), 4" tall kenya tree (attached to small rock), 2" GSP encrusted on small rock.

There are monti caps in the second photo, but I had a couple montipora eating nudibranchs (which I think I eliminated), but I wouldn't wish them on anyone, so I'll be throwing these frags away.

Please reach out if you're interested. If you want everything, even better! Thanks.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, it's been a great two years back in the hobby, but I just found out I'll be having a second child later this year and I can't afford the time or money needed to care for my reef tank once he/she has arrived.

So, i'm looking for a good home for my fish and corals, and I'm happy to give them to a good new owner for free.

I'm in Highland Park, Illinois, about 20 miles north of Chicago. This will all be for local pickup only as I don't have the expertise needed to ship livestock. I also am not able to frag the corals off of their rocks partly because I don't have the equipment needed, and partly because many of the corals have encrusted onto the rocks.

So, here's what I have to offer (photos below):

1. Pair of standard ocellaris clowns. They are probably too young to be a "bonded pair" but they've lived together their whole lives, definitely have dominant and submissive roles, and get along very well. I'd like to keep them together.

2. Rock #1 - Zoas (left in photo)
4 types of zoas, don't know the names but there's some orange, green, and purple ones. Rock is very well covered with coralline algae.

3. Rock #2 - Easy SPS (second from left in photo)
Montipora digitata (encrusted), Birdsnest, and a 24 karat gold Leptoseris (encrusted). Rock has some coralline, but not fully covered. There's a little green hair algae (GHA) on this rock that I can scrub off with a toothbrush when I remove it from the tank (or your tangs can nibble it off, if you're lucky enough to have a tang).

4. Rock #3 - Encrusting LPS (second from right in photo)
Brick red cyphastrea (encrusted), Tyree war coral (encrusted), and a watermelon psammacora (not quite encrusted). Rock has some coralline, but not fully covered. Some GHA, same as above.

5. Rock #4 - Branching LPS (far right of photo)
4-head hammer (with 4-5 baby heads forming), 1 huge head of green frogspawn, 5-head kryptonite candy cane, 3 little blue ricordia mushrooms, and a little bit of purple galaxea. Rock has very good coralline coverage. Tiny bit of GHA on this rock as well, same as above.

6. Chalice (back left of photo)
4" diameter Hollywood Stunner chalice mounted on a small rock

7. Spitfire Favia (front center of photo)
~8 mouths, green and purple, encrusted on small rock

8. Assorted Softies (second photo)
Pulsing xenia (attached to large rock), 3" diameter green toadstool leather (attached to snail shell), 4" tall kenya tree (attached to small rock), 2" GSP encrusted on small rock.

There are monti caps in the second photo, but I had a couple montipora eating nudibranchs (which I think I eliminated), but I wouldn't wish them on anyone, so I'll be throwing these frags away.

Please reach out if you're interested. If you want everything, even better! Thanks.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Congrats! Is it Yours? JK I will say before you get rid of anything nothing soothes a angry baby at night like a reef tank! I always kept the rocking chair next to the tank and would turn the lights on very low and rock my kids when they woke crying. Nothing worked better!! Running a tank does not have to be expensive and a lot of work. I always find WC very soothing after the stresses of family and work

Miggyv1829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am interested in all the corals you have. I would take the fish but I already have clowns in my 40b. I can pick up today. Let me know please.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats man! I got my second on the way. I’d encourage you to keep it, gives them something to look at. Free baby sitter! If you do still part out; hope good karma falls back on you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back