Getting ready to start my first saltwater tank....

Fotocha

I have nightmares of jumping fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Welcome to R2R :cool:

Welcome deep sea fish.gif

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis

Love it! Look forward to the progress!

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
Curtis
Exciting!!! Welcome to R2R and the hobby. This is a great place to get your questions answered. We're glad to have you. Prepare for a great journey.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very nice scaping!! Leave pipe white. Paint will peel eventually and cause issues

Last edited:

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This place is full of knowledge. Check out the stickies at the top and ask questions.

Also if you want good videos I’d recommend BRStv and Reefbuilders YouTube channels they are amazing.

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Make sure you make as much of the tank automated as you can! When I upgraded from a 55 to 90 the work load required from it made me dislike the hobby for a few years. Now I am back into it and all I really have to do is check parameters and do a water change! I am now in love with my tank!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back