Getting rid of all my Livestock - Los Angeles - SFV

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I posted this in the marketplace, but honestly I need a bit "bit of help" as it's time sensitive so I'm hoping to get a little more attention here.

I have to be out of my apartment in 3 weeks, and I'm moving states. My original plan included shipping a bunch of things to Washington, and then having them hold it for me. But shipping alone is going to cost me $400-600, and in reality there's only 3-4 "prized" pieces of mine I care about, which I could re-buy for that much.

All-in-all it seems the best thing for me to actually do is just get rid of my livestock, and restart once I'm moved. Sad but true. Otherwise I expect i'll kill a bunch of these corals in transit/shipping anyway or me trying to figure out some other way to bring them.

I live in Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley) and I'm looking to sell out ALL of my livestock by next WEEKEND! I'll sell it all for $900 (OBO) or part it out.

I've got buyers who're interested in a total of maybe 7 things, but I really need to just get rid of EVERYTHING selling 7 things doesn't solve my problem.

If you're interested in just a few things, I could even sell those 7 things and knock the price off the rest of your purchase i.e. if they buy $200 worth of the 7 items i'll sell the rest for $700

I've got a full list here. Maybe even there's enough of you who want individual things we can get it all done! Otherwise I guess my final alternative is just bring everything into a LFS and give them a birthday gift, or see if they will hold it until I can make a trip down to fetch them. IDK.

If you're looking to start a tank this is the perfect place to get your first livestock :p.

I'd be willing to even give some things away free, but I'd like to try to recoup some of my gouging I did to myself over the last 2 years. i.e. if maybe 4 people want to split it and pay $250 each or something IDK.

It's well more than $900 of live stock. I've listed my original purchase prices next to some of the more expensive items so you can see.

I've listed almost everything here. Let me know, and please help!? :D lol. Video attached as well. Share this with any of your Los Angeles Reefing Friends. I have bags, and tubs and cups and containers enough for all the livestock.

-----
Fish

1 Baby Blue Hippo Tang
1 Baby Tomini Tang
2 Clowns 1 Orange - 1 Black (Bonded)
1 Randall's Goby
1 Tigers Pistol Shrimp
1 Golden Dwarf Angel ($200)
x10+ Hermits
x20+ Snails

Coral

x1 Green Red Blasto
x1 Green Gonipora
x2 Neon Green Kenya Trees
x1 Green BTA
x1 Maxi-Mini Carpet Nem
x1 5 Head Green tip Indo Torch ($80)
x1 2 Head White/Green Frogspwan ($100)
x1 Golden Torch ($140)
x1 2 Head Toxic Green Purple Tipped Frog Spawn ($80)
x1 2 Head (6 mouth) Toxic Hammer Torch ($80)
x1 Zoa Rock with Seduction Zoa's and Silly Sioux's
x4 Walt Disney Acro Frags ($70)
x2 TC Cherry Bomb Acro Frags
x2 Ninja Turtles Acro Frag
x7 Orange Mushrooms
x3 Green Mushroom
x2 White Mushroom
about 18 different types of Montipora Frags
x10 Stylo Frags (All the same original Colony)
x3 Birdsnest Frags
x6 Mouth Duncan ($80)
x1 Giant Organ Pipe Mini Colony
x1 Bubblegum Monticap

and like 20-30 other Favia, LPS, Acro Frags

Bali Green Slimer
Tyree Pinky the Bear
Appleberry Monti
Watermelon Monti
a Chalice Frag
Jason Fox Area41 Favia ($70)
Golden Glitter Blast Favites ($70)
list goes on.

Last edited:

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly those are not I need to sell ASAP prices, I would give to lfs for credit if possible

OP
OP
terraincognita

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly those are not I need to sell ASAP prices, I would give to lfs for credit if possible
I’m totally open to offers, but of course I’d like to get as much as I can.

it’s about $2,000 of livestock at store prices.

hell I’d give it all to someone if they promised when I swing back through CA next year I could come grab some pieces.

but idk how willing people would be for that.

OP
OP
terraincognita

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I’m here I’ve also got a bunch of dry goods, a fluval 13.5, food, tubing, old small pumps, a 5G frag tank. 30-40lbs of rock.

you can have my current stand and 40Breeder and overflow box also.

I’m willing to part with many things for anyone in the area who happens to be setting something up or adding to their livestock.

I really just want to keep my expensive equipment, lights, etc.

I’m looking to solve the problem of getting rid of this tank, and livestock humanly, while possibly recouping some cash, that’s my real goal. Just to clarify. But I need to keep the organs that make it all work.

FurrierTransform

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought of having your local fish store help you pack everything? I'm thinking oversize bags with lots of water and oxygen, in a cooler, then drive. From here to WA can be done in one (painful) day. But to your original point, I am pondering if I can help you out by buying a small number of items off your hands here. I only have a 50 gallon tank (maybe 80 if you count the sump). Regardless, good luck!

OP
OP
terraincognita

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought of having your local fish store help you pack everything? I'm thinking oversize bags with lots of water and oxygen, in a cooler, then drive. From here to WA can be done in one (painful) day. But to your original point, I am pondering if I can help you out by buying a small number of items off your hands here. I only have a 50 gallon tank (maybe 80 if you count the sump). Regardless, good luck!
Thanks for the hopeful wishes!

yeah I’ve thought about putting a bunch in a black bin, buying a AC adapter, and putting a heater and pump in the bin leaving at 10PM and making it to Washington before the LFS up there closes the next day. LFS there already agreed to hold anything I can get to them. But that’s a real gamble for no issues, and I’d have to make that trip with almost just the fish alone… which is a brutal drive cuz then id have to turn right back around, and finish moving everything else….

also nowadays gas up there one way is about $200-$240 so both ways is $500 and really cheaper time and effort wise to just overnight the few pieces I really want anyway.

I did the drive in Sept to see how painful it was… it’s definitely rough.

I’ve been wrapping my head around this for a couple months, trying to figure it out. I really wouldn’t have posted here if I wasn’t at my last ideas of the best solutions.

OP
OP
terraincognita

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.s. I just counted and it’s over 110 different frags and fish.

at $9 each thing that’s $990.

this is definitely “I need to sell ASAP” prices.

Where are you getting your livestock from otherwise?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back