Getting the Runaround from Support, Not Happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two K7 lights. All fours lenses in both units have lines that look similar to acrylic crazing in them. I contacted support and they are having me jump through hoops and it's gone nowhere. I've tried submitting several pictures, though the lines are only visible with the lights on. The first set of pics I sent show the lights on and the lines are visible in the picture and can been seen if you zoom in on the lens. I am concerned that the lenses are defective and will affect the lights performance. After several back and forth emails, I've requested to send the light fixtures back to them so they can see the issue in person and take care of it. The rep has refused to provide me a shipping address and won't allow it saying it's not "feasible" and for me TO HAVE A THIRD PARTY TEST the light to confirm the lines are not a problem.
I'm really unhappy with how this has gone and think it's terrible customer service. I didn't even ask for a shipping label and was going to send them at my own expense if needed to make sure I can have clear, non defective lenses in these lights.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry you're not happy. As I said we can replace the lens for you if it have products problem. But we still can not find the line inside so it is unnecessary send back to noopsyche untill we can find the problem. So I admit I did say it's not "feasible". TO HAVE A THIRD PARTY TEST the light because I said it will not effect the light if they are water stain or like the photo shown.
15.jpg

I want to proof that I did try my best to find out the pics problem, here is conversation between Jason and noopsyche:
1.png
2.jpg
3.jpg
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.png
12.jpg
13.png
14.png
15.jpg
16.png

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you send me replacement lenses? Look in the first picture I sent, zoom in on the lenses and you can see the issue!
No problem, if the lights have never fallen into the water or been damaged or mishandled in any way, and it did need to replace the lens then we will replace the lens and pay the shipping fee.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looks like acrylic/polycarb crazing to me too
K7 lens material is borosilicate glass, temperature resistant 1022℉ , (uvLED) it surface of lens temperature is very high. Acrylic/polycarb resistant temperature is very low, it need to add oxide powder to molding oxidation powder, Oxide powder affects the material's lens to emit light

OP
OP
Bouncingsoul39

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's now Saturday, I'm still not getting any support. I was given an address and no instructions, no mention of how I will keep my corals alive without any lights, no offer to send me lenses. Ask me again if I dropped the lights into the tank which I already stated I didn't. This is the type of customer service you can expect from this small company. What a joke. :mad:

OP
OP
Bouncingsoul39

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like acrylic/polycarb crazing to me too
Interesting that you can see it from my pics, yet this person cannot and wants me to make circles, asks me if the lights were dropped in water etc. Does dropping lights in water cause crazing in your lenses? I don't even know how that is possible.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that you can see it from my pics, yet this person cannot and wants me to make circles, asks me if the lights were dropped in water etc. Does dropping lights in water cause crazing in your lenses? I don't even know how that is possible.
Not really. I've worked in optics for a large portion of my professional life and so do the people around me. The crazing I notice is only one one or two of the images and is very difficult to see. I've seen a LOT of crazing. I've even seen coatings craze and do weird stuff. Coatings/adhesives fail more often than the lens in my experience.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey what did you pay for those things ? Radions I would not tolerate this, but from a Ai knockoff I expect worse than that.
Still the best bang for Buck

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matt Data photo.jpg

kessilgrid.jpg
Hydragrid.jpg
noopsychegrid (1).jpg

PDF.png

new pic1.jpg

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can compare all of these info.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back