GHA and a second dose of Fluconazole

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have searched many many threads and do not see a specific protocol for back to back Fluconazole treatments. Has anyone had success or have advise on the second dose?, time frame to wait ? Should I do water change in between the doses? if so, what is recommended % ?
Thank you for your advise in advance. Maybe there is a reason for not finding many threads on this, Like, DONT DO IT ITS A TERRIBLE IDEA. thank you, and look forward to some solid advise as the first treatment did about a 50% knock down of GHA

850 Gallons mized reef with SPS
PH 8.3
Alk 9.5
Calcium 460
PO4 .03
No3 5-10
Magnesium 1380
Temp 76

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not aware of multiple dose as well. My experience with reef flux has been one dose was enough to pretty much melt away all the GHA. Is that not the case for you?

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not aware of multiple dose as well. My experience with reef flux has been one dose was enough to pretty much melt away all the GHA. Is that not the case for you?
Not yet, I'm on day 10 of treatment, 5 Days no carbon, no UV, No Skimmer. 6th day turned back on skimmer and UV.
Running filter socks the entire time and changing every 3 days.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a 2nd dose after a week. Wiped it out beautifully. Use caution tho...there are increasing threads where unknown coral death, esp. SPS following fluc. Unknown if that was cause but worth looking into.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it go?
Pet Mountain ended up in a back order situation for the amount I need to treat the 850 gallon system. So I just let it ride out with only 1 dose. I'm glad I did as the reef is 100% completely clear of any algae at all. It was an amazing clean up.
See video

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly a great chemical whoever discovered that for large tank algae deserves a reefing award. There’s no other practical way for large tank fixes it’s nice to see outcome here.

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pet Mountain ended up in a back order situation for the amount I need to treat the 850 gallon system. So I just let it ride out with only 1 dose. I'm glad I did as the reef is 100% completely clear of any algae at all. It was an amazing clean up.
See video

When you said you rode it out with one dose, did you just do 3 weeks? Or did you go longer?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See video

Do you have a before video? In day 2 I had white die off from the tips of my very bad case of GHA. I’m on day 5 and it seems like there isn’t any more progress from the original die off. I’m considering re-dosing but may wait it out based on your findings after not locating the quantity you needed.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back