GHA battle

d0gFartz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had GHA in the past and used Reef Flux to get rid of it along with large water changes. I been doing consistnent 15% water changes and added a refugium since and in the last 2 weeks i noticed its coming back.
I also added a kole tang hoping he would eat it but only seems to like to ick at the sand and glass. I had an ICP test done and got the results back a week ago. THe P04 seems to be where it should?....

p04.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA isn't just about PO4. What's your Nitrates? What's your Iron? What's your lighting and flow?
How consistent are your numbers?
Let's start with those.

OP
OP
D

d0gFartz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank?
tank is 2 years old

Nitrate level is 5 for lighting im running an AI Hydra 32 with a setting from Waterbox site when AI used to provide them and I adjusted to achieve the PAR level i needed per a Apogee 510 meter. For flow im running a Nero 5 thats pretty cranked up, My nems love it but smaller torches and hammers not so much

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried live phyto? Have sufficient CuC? I still get small amounts of GHA here or there in my 5 year old tank. I don't see it as an issue.

OP
OP
D

d0gFartz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried live phyto? Have sufficient CuC? I still get small amounts of GHA here or there in my 5 year old tank. I don't see it as an issue.
No to live phyto, CUC has been lacking some I did just order a recommended CUC from reef cleaners in hopes that will help. Just thought I shouldnt be seeing any at all anymore

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back