GHA Diatom in frag tank only

lapoza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DT is 270 gallons with sump and Fuge , been running a year now, no issues with algae in the tank at all, filtration is Turbo aquatics scrubber ATS. Chato in fuge.

Two week ago I added a frag tank to grow out without having tiny frags in the DT. LED lighting black box all around, good growth on SPS only tank. However in the frag tank the water level is roughly 6" deep, I don't have near the water flow in the tank as the DT. Also I was running lighting at around 80% blues, 60% whites. Having a bad Diatom.GHA bloom in the frag tank only, not the main tank. Same water, same filtration. It is making me think it is strictly to do with either water flow or too much lighting. Phosphates at .08.

I have lowered lighting time and intensity, Have more power heads on the way to increase the flow although I am thinking its mainly lighting too intense. Anyone experienced anything similar?

OP
OP
L

lapoza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add any rock or substrate to the frag tank?
The only thing I did was fill the frag tank with water from the DT, make new water to replace DT. pull two pieces of live rock from DT and add to frag tank, and then plumb into sump and start circulating

Back