GHA help/questions

Clownfishgang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 125 mixed reef and starting to have some algae issues, I did have Dinos and got through that with some r2r threads and now I have gha and kinda to be expected but I have a few questions as to what to do now to get it back to balanced. I had dinos like I said when I over cleaned the water and started dosing nitrates did a 3 day black out and got nutrients up and got rid of dinos and now algae is starting to replace it, I was testing pretty frequently and nitrates were staying at 10 ppm with refugium running 6 hours every other day with the light cycle opposite of the display and I wasn’t running gfo and po4 got up to 0.24 and then algae starting growing in pretty rapidly I then noticed nutrients start to drop from the algae and added gfo now but everything is at 0 from the algae should I keep running gfo and fuge to put compete algae. I have a good number of fish and feed 2 times a day with a variety of foods just kinda of lost as to where to go now or just keep doing what I’m doing till things come around .

3505863C-3882-4F8E-BC2A-5ED5B62A8BAE.jpeg 36756184-5C09-48BA-BCA0-3CD8732C81D7.jpeg F2DD509F-4005-41C9-AF55-EA673B161023.jpeg

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that you battled the Dino’s successfully. You noted that with PO4 and Nitrate 0 your Dino’s had started, so that’s concerning for a repeat outbreak. I think you would be best off to use algae feeders from here. Snails and more snails, maybe a seahare . I would temporarily suspend GFO, though it has a role in the near future.
Vibrant may be helpful, too.

OP
OP
Clownfishgang

Clownfishgang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that you battled the Dino’s successfully. You noted that with PO4 and Nitrate 0 your Dino’s had started, so that’s concerning for a repeat outbreak. I think you would be best off to use algae feeders from here. Snails and more snails, maybe a seahare . I would temporarily suspend GFO, though it has a role in the near future.
Vibrant may be helpful, too.
Yea dinos wasn’t an easy things but got over it and yea I don’t want a repeat but I’m sure I do have some but the algae is pulling the rest out, I’ll go to the lfs this week and get some cuc I have one small snail and he doesn’t do much

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back