GHA in DT

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have GHA growing in a 6 month old nano 13.5 gal tank. I remove it by tugging at it from the rock. Just returned from a week vacation and the GHA is 2+ inches tall all over the rock. Somewhat easy to remove but my PO4 is 0 and NO3 is 1-2ppm with the GHA in the DT. I have a few Zoa frags, a larger zoa colony, BTA, two mushrooms and some GSP frags.. Not much nutrient removal from my corals so obviously the GHA is consuming a lot of the P04 and N03. I'm about to start dosing Red Sea N03:pO4-x to reduce the P04 and kill off the GHA. I would expect once GHA starts dying off that my N03 and P04 will start raising and I will be watching my feedings often. I also do weekly 15-20% water changes. Suggestions welcome on this regiment.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have GHA growing in a 6 month old nano 13.5 gal tank. I remove it by tugging at it from the rock. Just returned from a week vacation and the GHA is 2+ inches tall all over the rock. Somewhat easy to remove but my PO4 is 0 and NO3 is 1-2ppm with the GHA in the DT. I have a few Zoa frags, a larger zoa colony, BTA, two mushrooms and some GSP frags.. Not much nutrient removal from my corals so obviously the GHA is consuming a lot of the P04 and N03. I'm about to start dosing Red Sea N03:pO4-x to reduce the P04 and kill off the GHA. I would expect once GHA starts dying off that my N03 and P04 will start raising and I will be watching my feedings often. I also do weekly 15-20% water changes. Suggestions welcome on this regiment.
I have one of these for my waterbox 10gal

Algae scrubber and extra oxygenation, requires air pump.

No room for sump.

OP
OP
S

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these for my waterbox 10gal

Algae scrubber and extra oxygenation, requires air pump.

No room for sump.

Wow, that is expesive for that piece of tech that looks like material costs could be 15-20 dollars (not including air pump). Not really looking for that solution, but thanks!

Last edited:
Back