OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo carbon dosing CAN get rid of GHA?? A $7 bottle of rot gut vodka sounds better than some fancy supplements...

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha nvm red sea's NO3/PO4-X is cheaper... well I've got that phosphate sponge on the way so guess I'll see how it works.

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the phosphate sponge this afternoon. Hopefully it works. Regardless if it works or not, I'm going to start carbon dosing in a couple of days so I can try to not have this problem again.

The only method I can't make myself try is the blackout method. I worry too much about it bothering/ possibly killing my SPS.

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully someone will read this, but I was cleaning my mp10. I took it apart and the rod in the center is rusting. The coating around it chipped away. Could this have anything to do with my problem? Also, the coloring on a couple of my SPS is very bland. Not necessarily browned out but they don't pop like they did when I bought them..

caldone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knocked mine out by lowerimg my light schedule, rinsing my food, and using rowaphos in my reactor. Gone in about a week

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just increased my Mg to 1450 & added Orca bio cubes v4 using the bomb method & skimmed a little more wet.

Before...

061.jpg

After...

057.jpg

monster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a GHA problem and just rented a sea hare to gobble it up. I havent see any back since and its been 3 months since I took him back. I never really found the source of my problem. I did about everthing o think of besides chemicals and dosing.

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the advice. So today I rented a sea hare. He's been in the tank for about 2 hours and seems fine. My only concern is that a peppermint shrimp keeps pickin on him. How worried should I be that the shrimp will harm him? Or make him release is ink?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can, its not a rare thing, they just aren't known for doing it.

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for letting me know. I had no idea peppermints had the tendency to clean. When I put my hands in the tank they always try and swim onto my hand and pick at It and I always shoo them off. Never thought they were trying to clean. But anyways, it seems as tho they have left the sea hare alone. Hopefully he starts going after that algae soon

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the shrimp pickin on him, or cleaning him?

Well, the shrimp weren't cleaning him. I have been looking for the sea hare all day and couldn't find him until I put some food in the tank. The shrimp had him in between two rocks eating him. He had a big tear down his back and was life less.

OP
OP
Sdoutreefer

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaa.. ****** *******s. I need to catch them. They'd make great food for the BTA they always pick on and try to steal food from. I guess I'm lucky the sea hare didn't poison my tank. At least nothing is showing signs of being poisoned so far..

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the shrimp weren't cleaning him. I have been looking for the sea hare all day and couldn't find him until I put some food in the tank. The shrimp had him in between two rocks eating him. He had a big tear down his back and was life less.

Yaa.. ****** *******s. I need to catch them. They'd make great food for the BTA they always pick on and try to steal food from. I guess I'm lucky the sea hare didn't poison my tank. At least nothing is showing signs of being poisoned so far..

I had a similar situation where my cleaner shrimp opened the seahare on it's back & eating it, didn't even have it in the tank for 1 hour...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back