GHL $1000 Gift Certificate Giveaway

traumajeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LX7 is sexy looking! Definitely a fixture that looks as good as it works! Finally some big time LED competition out there!

traumajeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to own a GHL Doser 2! It'd be nice to see what's going on via an app!

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love anything, I'm about to start amassing the load of equipment I need to start my first tank. :)

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I really like the spectrum profile for the Mitras. The curve seems to be less spread out compared to the other manufacturers. Th have recently started using the Proflux 4 and have really liked it to this point. I am starting a new build and would like to go completely GHL including the Proflux and this would be a great way to get me started...qualifying or not, these are my plans...also LOOKING FORWARD to the new KH Director.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before tank upgrade and light change! It will take weeks/months before my colors return but I believe everything will be back and look much better than it did before the changes.

Things I love about this Light over my old Light(s):
1. Maintenance Mode: I can make preset maintenance modes for shooting pictures. I currently have my maintenance mode set at 10k-12k and at 100% intensity.

2. Color Options: The amount of options border on the extreme. For someone like me who has invested a lot of time and money in older tech, MH and T5, this is a good thing but also a bad thing. I am too used to plug in and on type lighting solutions. Because of this, this is actually my only negative and I am very grateful and thankful for others' and how easy GHL has made it sharing the lighting projects.

3. Customer Service: GHL seems to be making lots of "How To" videos and Vinny and his co-workers over at GHL has always helped me or others out with our questions.

4. Integrated WiFi: GHL has really set the bar here IMO. One of the reasons I dislike the Radion is because of how EcoTech Marine has forced users to buy the ReefLink for the Vectra pump. Sure you can use the WXM for most functions but EcoTech is trying to force the ReefLink down our throats when WiFi should be included just like on the Mitras.

Complaints:
1. Too Many Options: My positive is also a negative but only because I am not used to full LED lighting. Give me time and this complaint will be a full positive!

FTS w/ ATI LED HYBRID 4 Bulb "LEDs not over 35%"

FTS w/ Mitra LX7 "Currently Acclimating Tank"

System FTS w/ Mitra LX7 "In Shot"

Right Side FTS w/ Mitra LX7 "In Shot"

Mitra LX7 "Over Tank, Ohh So Beautiful!"

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry!

If I were to win the prize I would most likely buy a Profilux 4 and completely replace my Neptune APEX setup.

I currently own:

Older Neptune Apex w/ Display
EB8
(2) EB4
WXM Module
PM2 Module w/ Conductivity and Temp Probe
Neptune DOS "Setup for 1 gallon per day Auto Water Changes"

I would order
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/profilux-4-mega-set-black-usacnd/
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/ghl-doser-2-1-sa-4-pumps-black-usacnd/
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/powerbar5-1-usacnd-pab/
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/vortech-controller/

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my contribution to the contest:

1) I like the philosophy of no lenses and quite much white diods, which togetheter gives a very natural looking light, with no disco effect, and a minimum of shadow areas. I run 4 units, since 5 weeks ago, and already seeing more coloration and also growth(but the coloration came first).

2) GHL doser

pictures se below:

IMG_0078.JPG

P1010399.JPG

P1010438.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

Musky78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one, but I sure would love to own one! the form factor on these is absolutely beautiful!

Mr.Alex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you be a future owner if you might win one of these? This is a bit confusing. Liked the facebook page...entry #1

Mr.Alex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry...would like to own the
Mitras LX 6000 Series

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the current state of my system(It is what it is), here's my entry !

Solid impressions.. It appears that the reflectors within the pendant do an amazing job at maintaining a balanced(quite natural) output of light, regardless of which kelvin temperature/illumination program you are trying to achieve. You'll also observe how the light is focused and not unstable by illuminating a whole room.

33118228931_48d4e75d57_c.jpg

rothal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my terrarium with six corn snakes in it. It's 1.40 x 0.80 x 2.00 m.
On the Pictures you can see the full terrarium and on the other Pictures you can see the three Mitras LX 7006 seperately.
The Mitras are easy to control and have a lot of settings for all possible weather conditions.
Should I be the lucky winner, I'd like to have the following item: https://store.aquariumcomputer.com/...enleisten/powerbar51/powerbar51-ch-pab-detail

Greetings Rolf

_MG_5946 (002).JPG

Lampenmontage 1.JPG

Lampenmontage 2.JPG

Lampenmontage 3.JPG

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my main entry:

1. 'Liked' the GHL facebook page.

2a. I ordered my white Mitras LX7 on February 21 but have still not received it (last I heard, they were still on back-order...) ... and I sincerely doubt I will have it before the contest deadline which now just 7 days away. So I can't say anything about details or settings yet, but I can say what I 'expect' to like about it: the key reason I got it is because it has 6 LED clusters versus the typical 2 or occasional 4 that other lights have. I think - and hope - it will do a phenomenal job of eliminating shadowing.

2b. Again, since it's on back-order and I haven't received it yet, I can't show a pic of my new Mitras LX7 -- so a screen capture of my order receipt will have to make do.

mitras order.jpg

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry:

Before shot of my tank:

before.jpg

After shot:

Well, since it's been on back-order for 6 weeks and I still don't have it, this mock-up at least gives me some slight idea of what my white Mitras LX7 will look like hanging over my tank...

after.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back