GHL $1000 Gift Certificate Giveaway

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First 2 are before

Last 3 are after :) hopefully I get a coupon to get a second light for this tank! Also want to switch to the flex mounts instead of hanging. Wish they would let the mount swivel or something to have the option of parallel mounting

View attachment 20170413_172228.jpg

20170428_172022.jpg

View attachment 20170510_214017.jpg

View attachment 20170510_214006.jpg

View attachment 20170510_213812.jpg

SharkaThon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the size/form factor of the light. It really makes it easy to know how many you'll need for a larger tank! I haven't bought an LX7 but I hope to when I start a new tank.

I would also love to have one of the Profilux 4 controllers! I really like the UI and the screen itself!

Percula01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure would like to become an owner of this great LED Lamp. Still running MH...so if I do upgrade to LED it should be GHL.

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came very close to buying a pair of Mitras LX7 this past year. I went ahead and bought two V3+ with Scott from Orphek who was the main reason I had confidence with them. Unfortunately Scott is no longer with Orphek. And the customer service has suffered.... I can't get simple questions answered and I am starting to wish I had a set of Mitras...

Am I a future owner of the Mitras LX7? I may be :)

Does this qualify me to be a contestant?
Also the V4's are out.....

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a bit of a drag for GHL to come out with a contest to win coupons for money off on their product and then QUALIFY this contest by making you purchase the lights at full price FIRST. IMO it would have made more sense to have a contest where IF you win you can use the coupon to offset the purchase price of GHL equipment. This seems a little butt backwards.....
I love these lights and GHL products on the whole, they also have great customer service....BUT....the LX7206, as with any top of the line LED fixture, is not cheap, as such they are an investment..... Can anyone tell me why a $750 fixture doesn't come with a simple wire hanging kit !!!
Come on now GHL.....don't you think that's a bit ridiculous!!! JMO.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder - contest ends this Sunday, May 21th !

So don't wait and post your pics now!

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sure. But we are not going to debate prices or company policies in public forums. Please feel free to contact us directly via email. Thank you.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the name of one of our customers I want to post this:

Freshwater tank, just started, you can see the huge light spread of the Mitras LX7 and the brilliant and natural colors.
(Still a bit cloudy, the water came in shortly before the picture was taken)

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck to all those out there! Still very impressed with my unit on the coverage, even on a 36" tank 1 unit would be plenty if you are mostly LPS and place your sps smartly. I however am going to purchase a second unit as I hope to upgrade to a 120 fatboy at some point! The coupon would help greatly convincing the wife I need a second one haha good luck to all!

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for participating!

The contest ended last night, the winners had been drawn, these are
cpllongjk
dragon99
boun11
Congratulations!

You are notified via PM.

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree I know I can't be the only one feeling this way, I have not seen a contest where it was required to purchase a product to win and on top of that the winners are not even tagged and displayed on the thread...just a little confused with this "giveaway"

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I have the worst luck in the world. Even when there's like 10 contestants I still can't win!

Either way congrats to all the winners and thanks to GHL for the giveaway!

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good news are: We will start very soon a new giveaway contest, different to this one.

Here we addressed the (hopefully proud and happy...) existing customers, the next contest will be open for everyone.

Last edited:

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree whole heartedly with Mr. Alex......how does a contest get predicated on already having purchased the item?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back