GHL $1000 Gift Certificate Giveaway

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unnamed.png

Enter to Win Coupons over $1,000 for GHL Products!

On behalf of the GHL team, we’d like to you all a happy and prosperous New Year!

With Mitras LX7 fixtures officially shipping worldwide, we want to kick off the year by offering CURRENT and FUTURE LX7 owners the opportunity to win coupons with a value of $1,000 in total good towards any GHL product from our GHL USA online store (respectively, non-North American regions can also participate to win coupons for the GHL Germany online store)!

We’ve already received fantastic feedback from those who have the fixtures over their tank! As our way of saying thank you, we created this contest for all LX7 owners around the world.

Thinking about picking up a Mitras LX7 for your tank? Perfect! Become an LX7 owner and you too can take part in this fantastic opportunity to win one of these prize coupons:

1st Place Prize: $500 (500€)

2nd Place Prize: $350 (350€)

3rd Place Prize: $150 (150€)

Since the contest will run for a while also future LX owners will have a chance to participate.

Here’s how to enter the contest:

1. LIKE our GHL Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GHLGermany/

2. Share with us in this thread your impressions of your new LX7
a. What do you like most about the Mitras LX7? Details and light settings are always welcome!
b. Share a couple of photos of your tank illuminated by your new Mitras LX7.

Receive a bonus entry when you:

• Share a “Before and After” shot, in this thread, displaying what your tank looked like with your previous light. At least 2 photos are required.

Receive a 2nd bonus entry when you:

• Visit the GHL website https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/ and tell us which one of our products you would like to own the most and post about it in this thread.

Contest rules:

• Photos must clearly show the Mitras LX7 mounted over your tank

• Up to 3 entries per contestant

• Winners selected at random

• Contest ends May 21st.t

MitrasLX7_blacksilverwhite_1535x589-1024x351.png

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do we have any Mitras LX7 owners?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Moly! Nice giveaway!!! :eek:
Now where the heck is UPS with my box today???

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wish I could participate. I've been wanting to get into a GHL controller at some point, especially with their alk and cal monitors in the works. Good luck, everyone!

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I don't understand. So this is only for existing owners, then?

Yep, looks like it's for anyone who either already has a Mitras LX7 ... or who purchases one before April 9 ... and follows the above steps for sharing their experiences with it.

Smotz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, looks like it's for anyone who either already has a Mitras LX7 ... or who purchases one before April 9 ... and follows the above steps for sharing their experiences with it.

Considering how many people on the board own a LX7, maybe it's a good investment to purchase one and then enter the contest!

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohooo! Count me in! I just got my LX7's and am getting ready for my big lighting upgrade! Those of you on the fence, I can tell you from first hand experience that you will love these lights! I've had the fortune of getting my hands on one of the pre-release LX7's which I've had running on my frag tank since just after MACNA. The colors the LX7 brought out in my corals were like nothing I've ever seen in any of my tanks. Not only that but they are more powerful than any light in their class and have better spread and better channel mixing. The 6 light pucks in the fixture really do a great job in spreading the light evenly without the hot spots of similar lights. They also diffuse the channels better so you don't get the disco effect where you can see the different color led channels on the bottom of the tank. These lights are by far the best light I have ever played with and I've had experience with virtually every high end fixture out there. I will be using a Seneye meter to do some Kelvin and Lux measurements to help me refine my light settings so as to not shock my corals from the change in lighting. I will measure my current lights and then use those numbers to dial in the Mitras for my initiial settings while also taking advantage of the Red, Green and UV channel to bring out the colors in my SPS. Once I have those settings defined, I will share them here.
IMG_4319_zpshvsheljp.jpg

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slief,
WOW, 6 sets?! Do you have more info on your tank dimensions? Depth, coral placement, etc? This is a HUGE, ringing endorsement!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a tank thread here @slief I can't remember? If not create one since we need one here.

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing, loui. slief, your tanks are beautiful and I envy the way you have everything setup. Very clean, very nice.

I am committed to spending more time on my tank this year. Clean everything up and make some improvements, etc. Updating the lighting is part of that. I will add my tank thread here at some point, even though I'm a little embarrassed by it. The tank is a standard 180g reef, 72"x24"x24". I'd like to get back into more SPS coral.

Looks like you like the Mitras LX7. Would you recommend 3 units? Do I need more? Also, do you think it best to hybrid this with T5's?

Smotz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohooo! Count me in! I just got my LX7's and am getting ready for my big lighting upgrade! Those of you on the fence, I can tell you from first hand experience that you will love these lights! I've had the fortune of getting my hands on one of the pre-release LX7's which I've had running on my frag tank since just after MACNA. The colors the LX7 brought out in my corals were like nothing I've ever seen in any of my tanks. Not only that but they are more powerful than any light in their class and have better spread and better channel mixing. The 6 light pucks in the fixture really do a great job in spreading the light evenly without the hot spots of similar lights. They also diffuse the channels better so you don't get the disco effect where you can see the different color led channels on the bottom of the tank. These lights are by far the best light I have ever played with and I've had experience with virtually every high end fixture out there. I will be using a Seneye meter to do some Kelvin and Lux measurements to help me refine my light settings so as to not shock my corals from the change in lighting. I will measure my current lights and then use those numbers to dial in the Mitras for my initiial settings while also taking advantage of the Red, Green and UV channel to bring out the colors in my SPS. Once I have those settings defined, I will share them here.
IMG_4319_zpshvsheljp.jpg
congrats on the win

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow dude - that's $5,000 in lights on that table. Who do you work for and how do I get a job there.

You win is right!

IMG_4319_zpshvsheljp.jpg

Dlefty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came very close to buying a pair of Mitras LX7 this past year. I went ahead and bought two V3+ with Scott from Orphek who was the main reason I had confidence with them. Unfortunately Scott is no longer with Orphek. And the customer service has suffered.... I can't get simple questions answered and I am starting to wish I had a set of Mitras...

Am I a future owner of the Mitras LX7? I may be :)

Does this qualify me to be a contestant?

Back