GHL 2.1 Stand Alone Doser No Longer Shown Via GHL Connect App on iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have been using a GHL 2.1 Stand Alone Doser for approximately 3 months. I just lost access to the doser via the iPhone app for no apparent reason. Do I have to go through the setup process again on a PC? Any ideas why I lost the settings after three months of use?

I have the latest iPhone. App version 3.4.1 and iOS 13.3.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing the connection option in the app does not mean your doser settings are lost. Everything will continue as you set it. The settings are stored on the doser itself, not the app.

If no doser connection is shown in the app, then the device will have to be re-added.
If you are connecting directly to the doser's hotspot, leave the Host/IP field as-is. If you normally connect through your wifi network, type-in the IP address of the doser in the Host/IP field.

OP
OP
R

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing the connection option in the app does not mean your doser settings are lost. Everything will continue as you set it. The settings are stored on the doser itself, not the app.

If no doser connection is shown in the app, then the device will have to be re-added.
If you are connecting directly to the doser's hotspot, leave the Host/IP field as-is. If you normally connect through your wifi network, type-in the IP address of the doser in the Host/IP field.
Thanks, Vinny. I re-added it using the IP. I'm concerned that my IP may change later. If so, how do I re-add the device without using an IP? It sounds like you're suggesting I can do this by connecting to the device via its hotspot. What's the SSID for the wi-fi hotspot?

On a semi-related note, I noticed that my calcium is a little higher than it should be in relation to my alkalinity. I manually dosed 5 ml on each channel and learned that the channel that's dosing my alkalinity dosed 4.5ml (instead of 5ml). Is it common for the doser to fall out of calibration after less than three months of use? (The other channel dosed exactly 5 ml.)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you picked up the doser, if you added it to your WiFi network using the AUTO IP method, the router can reassign an IP address to the doser at any time. You can however set the doser with a Static IP so it does not get changed by your router. The steps for that can be seen here:

Adding a SA Doser to an existing network will cause the hotspot to be disabled.

Regarding the dosage, the variance may have been caused if the calibration was done with a liquid other than what will actually be dosed. The viscosity of the liquid used to calibrate vs. what is actually dosed can cause a slight difference in the end-result of each dose. There is also tubing length to consider; if anything was changed there, it will affect the actual dosage amounts. Lots of variables to consider.

OP
OP
R

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you picked up the doser, if you added it to your WiFi network using the AUTO IP method, the router can reassign an IP address to the doser at any time. You can however set the doser with a Static IP so it does not get changed by your router. The steps for that can be seen here:

Adding a SA Doser to an existing network will cause the hotspot to be disabled.

Regarding the dosage, the variance may have been caused if the calibration was done with a liquid other than what will actually be dosed. The viscosity of the liquid used to calibrate vs. what is actually dosed can cause a slight difference in the end-result of each dose. There is also tubing length to consider; if anything was changed there, it will affect the actual dosage amounts. Lots of variables to consider.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I used the same liquid and same tubing. Nothing has changed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back