GHL 7206 Mitras...

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do all the programing with the GHL P4 controller. Pretty easy, but not easy at all to program directly on the light's panel without the controller. I have not tried the web app for the lights. That might be easier.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do all my programming through light composer in GCC. I find it easy to use and informative on how each adjustment affects the lights spectrum and output.

I have not tried programming through any of the other methods.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do all my programming through light composer in GCC. I find it easy to use and informative on how each adjustment affects the lights spectrum and output.

I have not tried programming through any of the other methods.

I may not have been clear in previous post, but I program the same way you with light composer in GCC. Very easy.

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I recently knew about the possibility of combining the LX7 with some T5 by means of the Aquatic Life Hybrid. Would it be possible to see some picts of your set up? The Mitras can be set in either orientation? Right now I have three fixtures

Here are some pictures of my setup. This is the AquaticLife 48" hybrid with 2 GHL Mitras 7206 LEDs. I have the unit mounted to the wall with the floating suspension system. You will need the 19.4" Brackets (Aquatic Life PN 470604) to mount the Mitras. The Mitras will only fit parallel to the tank. You could fit 3, I'm currently using 2.

IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0118.jpeg IMG_0122.jpeg

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of my setup. This is the AquaticLife 48" hybrid with 2 GHL Mitras 7206 LEDs. I have the unit mounted to the wall with the floating suspension system. You will need the 19.4" Brackets (Aquatic Life PN 470604) to mount the Mitras. The Mitras will only fit parallel to the tank. You could fit 3, I'm currently using 2.

Thanks a lot. You have a nice setup.

I guess the Mitras set parallel to the tank is the best possible orientation, as you have the T5 to cover the rest of the space. Also, I was hesitant between the 48" hybrid fixture and the larger one, but if the 48" would be enough if it is able to fit three Mitras.

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hesitant between the 48" hybrid fixture and the larger one, but if the 48" would be enough if it is able to fit three Mitras.

What size tank do you have? My tank is 48” long, so I went with the 48” hybrid.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What program are you using for your Mitras 7206s? Also what T5's did you go with, Blue plus or a combination? I'm moving my Mitras into a 36" hybrid soon.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy with mine. Recently added the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid to get additional coverage with the Mitras as well. Very nice combination.
Can you share what are the dimensions of your tank and do you use them with the GHL Prolifux? Do you feel the combo with the T5's is a better look/growth then running them alone?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy with mine. Recently added the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid to get additional coverage with the Mitras as well. Very nice combination.
I was also considering using the Aquatic Lilfe T5 Hybrid, but when I look at the dimensions of the Mitras it appeared they were to large to fit into the open space in the Aquatic Life? Do yours fit ok?

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also considering using the Aquatic Lilfe T5 Hybrid, but when I look at the dimensions of the Mitras it appeared they were to large to fit into the open space in the Aquatic Life? Do yours fit ok?
@DragonWrasse103 . His earlier post above lists the parts and part numbers needed to adapt the aquatic life fixture for the Mitras. You are right, it is too wide to fit the standard 18" brackets and requires either the 19.4" or the 24" brackets.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need the funds for my 7206's. I have an 80 rimless frag and about to be eurobraced 120 tied together. Thinking I'll need a minimum of 4 between the 2 tanks.

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Amazing jobs sharing this how is going so far? Now you have me thinking of purchasing the mitras.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi again dragonwrasse: how is the tank going with the new light setup? Have you noticed differences in the coral colors?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back