GHL at Reefapalooza NY 2019

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PTC looks like it took a page out of a computer open loop setup... with a funky connector
Not ironic at all, Germany is pretty much the heart of top quality PC watercooling gear (with Watercool and Aquacomputer). Amusing that for the PC watercooling hobby aluminum is detested and copper is by a far the most used for heat transfer, and marine will be the exact opposite.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing and talking to the GHL guys at RAP. I'm not sold on it.

I have 2 friends that have nothing but problems with their 2.1 doser(pump heads needed replaced, motors needed to be replaced, pump lines replaced, and this was all brand new out of the box). Yes I realize many other companies have one off's with problems, but after seeing the size of their power bars, I have decided to stay with neptune.

My biggest complaint is the power bar. Come on its twice the size of an EB with half the plugs! I have 3 EB8's on my system(24 outlets), I would need 4 of those huge power bars! And they would take up about three times the space as an EB. And that would not eliminate the clutter of wires, but contribute more to them.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing and talking to the GHL guys at RAP. I'm not sold on it.

I have 2 friends that have nothing but problems with their 2.1 doser(pump heads needed replaced, motors needed to be replaced, pump lines replaced, and this was all brand new out of the box). Yes I realize many other companies have one off's with problems, but after seeing the size of their power bars, I have decided to stay with neptune.

My biggest complaint is the power bar. Come on its twice the size of an EB with half the plugs! I have 3 EB8's on my system(24 outlets), I would need 4 of those huge power bars! And they would take up about three times the space as an EB. And that would not eliminate the clutter of wires, but contribute more to them.
Right but GHL has 15 amp each. With 150 amp peak. ( yes 150 amp peak ) that would cook and fry the EB8. Its bigger yes. But it handles what the EB8 can only dream of.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dont like.the Powerbar only 6 outlets. But then again. Some stuff can just be in a regular plug and doesnt need control. Or I can plug multiple in the constant power with a splitter. I think??? Only certain equipment needs total control. How long and wide is it exactly so I can plan a spot for it???

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/powerbar-6e-pab-usa-cnd/

Dimensions
Max. dimensions (L x W x H) incl. sockets and mounting brackets, without cable: 47.0 cm x 11.2 cm x 10.0 cm (18.5″ x 4.4″ x 3.9″)

Maximum current in total / per socket: 15 A / 15A
Thanks.

They are pretty pricey if needed 2 bars. But I dont think I will. Like I said plugging multiple in constant that dont need to be controlled.

Is the constant outlet always on or can it be turned off via profilux for feed mode?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the About Powerbar on that page, I think the 6e has all controllable outlets and it was earlier versions that had an always on?

6 independently switchable sockets with a continuous current of max. 15A each (depending on country version)

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree they are big (not a problem for me) as said they are very well built. I also like the spacing between the outlets. Some plug/power packs have a horizontal orientation with the wire coming out the side which can block the outlet next to it if they are too close. With the GHL power bar I do not have that issue.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where 1/2 the plugs? The powerbar 6 comes with 6 switchable outlets, while the EB832 comes with 8.

While I agree they are larger I believe this is to allow for the ability to plug in pretty much anything you want without having f to worry about what plugged into the plug next to it.

The original 5.1 powerbar was 5 switchable one always on with one of the 5 switchable also being dimmable.

And sorry about your friends problems with the 2.1 doser also.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly appreciate that. Hope you have patients. Ahaha I didnt order my tunze cables and such quite yet because its gonna be a month or 2 before I get Tank salty. But need lights to make a mount bracket for my arms and computer and doser to design a nice shelf system under stand

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back