GHL Connect update: Push notifications for public download

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Icon GHL Connect_rounded corners_300x300.png

In a few days, the public version of the GHL connect app will be available for download in the android and iOS app store. This announcement serves as advance notice of the upcoming changes so you are informed and prepared for when it becomes ready to download.

With the release of this version we’ve introduced the much awaited push notification feature for the ProfiLux 4 controller. Future firmware updates to follow for other GHL devices.

Official release notes
Android: GHL Connect version 3.15.12
  • Added push notification feature for myGHL devices
  • Wizard for easy setup of Push Notifications placed in app settings page
  • Fixed app storage issues for Android 11
  • French and Italian translations updated

iOS: GHL Connect version 3.15.12
  • Added push notification feature for myGHL devices
  • Wizard for easy setup of push notifications placed in app settings page
  • Fixed app storage issues under certain circumstances
  • French and Italian translations updated

Important: Read this before updating!
With this update, the GHL Connect app will now use a different storage driver to address the reported issue with disappearing local connections in earlier app versions. Because of this change, we recommend you enable “save app settings to cloud” in the app settings BEFORE proceeding with the update. This will store your local connection info on your myGHL account so when you open the newly updated app, your local connections will still remain.
Save app settings to cloud.jpg

Last edited:

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this update also apply to the Doser as well as promised?

Nihard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the latest firmware 7.28 and enable the pus notifications in app setting . But I don't see any push notification function. thanks

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Gaël, @Vinny@GHLUSA

Two questions

The configuration page for push notifications looks like this

1638175334861.png
1) There is no configuration possibilities for general alarms and PAB alarms - are these automatically inbuilt?

2) there is not either a configuration possible for the "heartbeat" function - Is that also automatically inbuilt?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get notifications now but I do not get any notification according heartbeat when I shout down my test P4

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Lasse

With this first release there is no configuration possibilities for general alarms and PAB alarms, it's in todo list for a future GHL Connect release (will need a new Profilux firmware release).

For the "heartbeat" function no specific configuration possible yet, but the triggering time is the same as the repetition notification time.

For your notification problem the last few hours I know the server has restarted and that may be the explanation. All is working now.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël It looks as the Heartbeat function does not work properly. I have set the notification time to 5 minutes - but get no heartbeat warning. I will put of my test P4 for more than 60 minutes now and see if I get any heartbeat warning

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël It looks as the Heartbeat function does not work properly. I have set the notification time to 5 minutes - but get no heartbeat warning. I will put of my test P4 for more than 60 minutes now and see if I get any heartbeat warning

Sincerely Lasse
The repeat time is the parameter used in heartbeat as well but Seem actually, it defaults to 60 minutes. So, if the myGHL-server has not got any message from the myGHL-device it will count down the repeattime once more, which results in a heartbeat notification message after 120 minutes and then every 60 minutes again for a maximum time of 24 hours.

This feature remains experimental, it was not highlighted when the notifications were released and will be improved and explained in a future version.

Gaël

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my P4 shout down at 14:00 (now it is 23:00)- no warning by push notis at all

Sincerely Lasse
Ok, seem it was finally disabled with public release. Sorry have to wait this feature to be ready.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, seem it was finally disabled with public release. Sorry have to wait this feature to be ready.
Hi @Lasse

Can you try again?
I learned that in addition to the below statement: there’s been a minimum time gap introduced, which a myGHL-device has to be online without any connection drops. It is about three hours. Only after this time, the heartbeat will be triggered.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start the test now. Let us see if I get it right. It has to be on for 3 hours - after that 60 minutes + 60 minutes in off mode -> alarm for heart beat? My test P4 at home have a stable connection - but at work - in a more electrical "noisier" environment - the GHL connection is lost now and then - may not fulfil the demand of 3 hours connection without a drop

Sincerely Lasse

Scotts210g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is great, however, why is it SO difficult to connect the Profilux 4 to the internet? Ever since I changed my wireless router - my GHL refuses to connect. All of the sudden the hotspot turned off with 1 choice and does NOT turn back on. why? videos answer nothing - no response from customer service.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is great, however, why is it SO difficult to connect the Profilux 4 to the internet? Ever since I changed my wireless router - my GHL refuses to connect. All of the sudden the hotspot turned off with 1 choice and does NOT turn back on. why? videos answer nothing - no response from customer service.
Did you open a support ticket? The ticket system is the proper channel for getting direct assistance.
Ticket number?

Back