ghl doser 2.1 firmware 24 individual dose settings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent more than 2 hours within the settings of this doser and downloading new firmware and new GCC programs and losing connection to wifi and to my phone app in the process. I think its all working again, but I still only have 8 individual dosing times available when I read we should now have up to 24 individual settings.

Any help? Maybe I misinterpreted and we dont yet have access to 24 dose times on individual setting? Right now I'm stuck with 8 "individually" dose times limit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit to add that the upgraded software to 1.1.3.2 for the GCC program and 1.36 firmware for the 2.1 doser.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the 24 was only when connected to a P4 and not stand alone, which they said they are addressing.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Thanks for clarification. Still worthwhile time because now I know how to update the device. :)

george7523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have posted this question on their forum for a week already and no response. I have found a similar question on their forum ignored for almost a year. The support on their forum is very biased. They filter out words such as frustrated. Very shady practice. I have bought GHL kh director, it is glitchy as hell. It's been unplugged and retired after few months of use. I plan on selling it here. In regards to the 8x manual dosing limit, I suspect it's not a technical issue for them to upgrade it to 24 times via firmware. The reason they have not done so is to make you buy their expensive profilux controller. Thus I have come up with a solution myself. The work around is to use automatic dosing mode and set it to 24 times daily. This will make the doser dose each hour. Or increase it to 48 times daily, this will make doser dose each half hour. To make it only dose at your desired time, which in my case is only during day time when the lights are on, I plug the doser into a kasa smart outlet and program it to go off when my lights go off 9pm. So it doesn't dose at night time when alk is not being used up. the outlet goes back on at 8am and starts dosing every hour. so my schedule for triton core 7 is 24x daily @3ml each dosing, 8:00am mag, 8:20am alk, 8:40am calcium. ( set it at 24x daily to make it dose each hour. actual number of times it doses is only 14x since the smart outlet turns off the doser at 9pm)

Don't bother waiting for ghl to update the limit from 8x to 24x. It won't happen

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any changes @Vinny@GHLUSA ?

@george7523 that works with the kasa strip, which I have, but what a hassle that sounds like. I'm currently looking into an aquarium controller with automated alk testing. The reason I don't want the KH director is for reasons you said you're having a lot of glitches with it. I think the GHL doser is amazing quality, but from what I'm reading I don't want to go near the KHD.

Also what's with GHL's customer support regarding simple questions like this?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back