GHL doser 2.1 upgrade from 3 pumps to 4 pumps

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by lexinverts, May 13, 2019.

1. lexinverts

lexinverts Active Member

Hello, All:

I just got the upgrade kit and an additional pump, so that I can upgrade my doser 2.1 from 3 pumps to 4 pumps. I can't find any instructions on the assembly process. Has anyone here done this upgrade and/or does anyone know where a how-to video or instructions can be found?

Thanks!

2. JoshH

JoshH Swimming in the deep end... R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

@Ditto any idea here? If I'm not mistaken you just take the front panel out, slide the new one in with both pumps screwed on to it and plug the new pump into the circuit board along with the others.

@Vinny@GHLUSA
    @Matthias Gross

lexinverts likes this.
  3. Ditto

Ditto Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Controller Advisor Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

@JoshH - I have to say I never have done this, before :( if I did I would post step by step hehe

lexinverts likes this.
  4. porter_painter

porter_painter Member

You undo exiting head on the front of the unit on the side to be replaced. Then undo the bolts from the base of the doser in order to remove the top.

Fully disconnect the existing head from the sliver blanking plate and then slide the plate out upwards. Slide the new blanking plate with the extra holes back in, connect the new motor to the circuit board in the single space left, then fix the heads to the new blanking plate. Then put the top back on the unit and fix the bolts underneath.

I think it’s a torx screwdriver you need from memory, and don’t forget to unplug the unit!

For slave dosers, depending on how you’ve set up your channels you may need to reassign sockets and dosers in the control centre.

lexinverts and JoshH like this.
  5. Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA Active Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Remove 4 screws underneath the doser, carefully open top cover, move blank front plate, install new motor to new plate, insert plate/motor into the doser, connect motor cable to board, reassemble.

Tristren and lexinverts like this.
  6. lexinverts

lexinverts Active Member

Thanks, everyone. I was able to make the upgrade in about 30 minutes. It was easy to do, but it was nice to have some basic instructions to guide me.

porter_painter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted