GHL doser 2.1 upgrade from 3 pumps to 4 pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, All:

I just got the upgrade kit and an additional pump, so that I can upgrade my doser 2.1 from 3 pumps to 4 pumps. I can't find any instructions on the assembly process. Has anyone here done this upgrade and/or does anyone know where a how-to video or instructions can be found?

Thanks!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto any idea here? If I'm not mistaken you just take the front panel out, slide the new one in with both pumps screwed on to it and plug the new pump into the circuit board along with the others.

@Vinny@GHLUSA
@Matthias Gross

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You undo exiting head on the front of the unit on the side to be replaced. Then undo the bolts from the base of the doser in order to remove the top.

Fully disconnect the existing head from the sliver blanking plate and then slide the plate out upwards. Slide the new blanking plate with the extra holes back in, connect the new motor to the circuit board in the single space left, then fix the heads to the new blanking plate. Then put the top back on the unit and fix the bolts underneath.

I think it’s a torx screwdriver you need from memory, and don’t forget to unplug the unit!

For slave dosers, depending on how you’ve set up your channels you may need to reassign sockets and dosers in the control centre.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove 4 screws underneath the doser, carefully open top cover, move blank front plate, install new motor to new plate, insert plate/motor into the doser, connect motor cable to board, reassemble.

OP
OP
lexinverts

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, everyone. I was able to make the upgrade in about 30 minutes. It was easy to do, but it was nice to have some basic instructions to guide me.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back