MohamedF

MohamedF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates…
Well all is going perfect , had an issue with ionD probe after one month but ghl made me the replacement for free and got it in one week period . All is going great till now
B9B42767-977D-4C15-83FE-ADED27B9E81F.png

0161E2B4-9A1F-43B5-A876-C13A76B1F0E7.png

pescaire26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I decided to dismantle my IOND director. The equipment is extremely expensive to keep running: expensive reference solutions, multi-reference solutions for calibration, and new sensors before 1 year. It is ridiculous.

Kol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone , I just received few days ago the IonDirector ( one week ago ) on my both aquariums and KH Director ( three weeks ago ) .

- KH DIRECTOR : initial setup is really easy with GHL videos , all went smooth and I double checked with Hanna KH checker that I trust alot but difference was around -18/-20 % approx of the KH Director , so I readjusted the ratios on the KH to show less reading by -15 % and since then Al is smooth , and in all cases it’s not a major problem if KH is between 8 to 9 as long as it’s fixed and the director is doing amazing job in that , the swings are minimal and I’m running now between 8.5 to 8.9 daily swings as I set it up to 8.8 . So I have to admit it’s a great great device, and every few days I recheck with Hanna checker and they are going great with the same difference ratio .
a general notice : buy extra reagent as you will have to run test many times initially to be sure 100% no bubbles exist at all in the tubes otherwise it will be mess readings .

- IonDirector : the first setup was a hell of trouble till I get it done , would be great if there was a GHL official video for the setup to help people the second unit was way way easier as I already took notice of all things learning from my initial mistakes , one important setup advise ( soak the ion prob for like 1 hour in ro water before using the saltwater ) it helps stabilize the probe a lot , the first unit I let it soak for like 20-30 min ( probably was too excited to install it quick ) and I suffered a bit with miss readings till it work correctly . Regarding the readings , I had a bottle of reference solution to compare readings and all matched ok with the initial bottle readings , the readings are consistent from both devices yet in one of them still struggling with nitrate reading , one time reads 11 the second time 0 so I need to re-check with Hanna to be sure where I stand which I will do this week .
The most important tip again is to buy more reagent as for my first unit till I get things done I made like 15 tests over two days so the reagent bottle are like 30 % less , so I would advice again to always have a spare bottles till you get things done then after that one test per day would be enough once you stabilize the results .
I will post again here this week the results of all tests using Hanna checkers and the ionD , yet they mentioned clearly that we should not count on those differences as the ionD use a different technology than the normal checkers but it would be a good reference to understand where you stand with the differences . I still need to run like two or three more tests to stabilize the results then I will make the comparison accordingly .

8B4EC230-0807-44CA-B434-A4FE34F533FC.png 036D828B-C6D0-411D-AF11-CC31FBE6C1E0.png 3E527DFF-3947-42F8-9FD5-39781C1FE814.png 51656135-E9AC-437D-A301-46F4F402F43A.png B5AF8AA3-4FBB-4A3D-B80C-9554A0D7C595.png 5DA1C6DE-5582-48F1-9CD0-E3C80737876B.jpeg 03CBA61F-9EF4-48AF-A8CE-15DE31306094.png
Hi. Where did you purchase the IOND from and did you wait long for it.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well all is going perfect , had an issue with ionD probe after one month but ghl made me the replacement for free and got it in one week period . All is going great till now
B9B42767-977D-4C15-83FE-ADED27B9E81F.png

0161E2B4-9A1F-43B5-A876-C13A76B1F0E7.png
I’m curious how the maintenance costs are with the IOND. There’s been a few posts about the price of reference and calibration solutions that require more frequent purchase than planned. Just curious if that’s the norm and how much people are/were spending.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I decided to dismantle my IOND director. The equipment is extremely expensive to keep running: expensive reference solutions, multi-reference solutions for calibration, and new sensors before 1 year. It is ridiculous.
That's a very smart decision. I'm about to do the same. Very expensive and the sensor does not work

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a very smart decision. I'm about to do the same. Very expensive and the sensor does not work
As customers, is GHL providing any details or explanations? Are they working improvements or just shipping you another probe? Just want to know if GHL is going all-in on this product to get it working l or if it will just get shelved in due time

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As customers, is GHL providing any details or explanations? Are they working improvements or just shipping you another probe? Just want to know if GHL is going all-in on this product to get it working l or if it will just get shelved in due time
I have tried up to four IOND sensors. The one that came with the equipment simply did not work at all. The second one performed 3 correct measurements and then stopped working. The third one was better. It lasted for three months and 10 days with a measurement every other day. Then it also stopped working.

I took to GHL almost three months to send me a fourth sensor which was good for 7 daily measurements.

My plain conclusion is that the GHL IOND sensor does not work, and without it the equipment is useless.

GHL was quite receptive and quickly replied to my first tickets. I placed the last one one week ago but I have not received any response yet.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried up to four IOND sensors. The one that came with the equipment simply did not work at all. The second one performed 3 correct measurements and then stopped working. The third one was better. It lasted for three months and 10 days with a measurement every other day. Then it also stopped working.

I took to GHL almost three months to send me a fourth sensor which was good for 7 daily measurements.

My plain conclusion is that the GHL IOND sensor does not work, and without it the equipment is useless.

GHL was quite receptive and quickly replied to my first tickets. I placed the last one one week ago but I have not received any response yet.
Appreciate you sharing. Unfortunately can’t seem to find many long-term users of the probe that are having success. That really stinks after a long wait and it’s not working as planned. Did you find the costs of solution refills to be higher than expected as well?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back