• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these New?
No, they aren't. They are used in excellent working condition. Some of the contents I never opened and everything else was just placed in the original box wrapping if I had it on hand. The pic above was taken day of the thread opening.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why so much? You can get this same exact setup for like 50$ more new
Merry Christmas!
It's unfortunate that you don't like the pricing. It seems be the belief that hobbyist selling their gently used equipment is seen as a mini-retail store and must compete with online retailers and heavily discount their items for sale 30-50% but that is far from reality. The price is less than new, includes add-ons, and discounted according to so which new also includes taxes and this doesn't.
I kindly as that is the future that if the pricing isn't to your likely, just send a pm the seller your offer or just leave it be instead of commenting your opinion on their ad. Happy holidays!

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas!
It's unfortunate that you don't like the pricing. It seems be the belief that hobbyist selling their gently used equipment is seen as a mini-retail store and must compete with online retailers and heavily discount their items for sale 30-50% but that is far from reality. The price is less than new, includes add-ons, and discounted according to so which new also includes taxes and this doesn't.
I kindly as that is the future that if the pricing isn't to your likely, just send a pm the seller your offer or just leave it be instead of commenting your opinion on their ad. Happy holidays!

New) has a warranty and alot of places don't charge sales tax and this a old unit. They dont even use those types of boxes anymore. Also I don't see anything extra that doesn't come with the KH Director that would make that price worth it. But good luck. Lol

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New) has a warranty and alot of places don't charge sales tax and this a old unit. They dont even use those types of boxes anymore. Also I don't see anything extra that doesn't come with the KH Director that would make that price worth it. But good luck. Lol
This isn't a discussion thread. Please start a discussion thread on pricing if you would like to discuss equipment pricing. A seller can list at any price he/she so chooses. Buyers have no obligation to respond or buy at the pricing listed on an ad. Thanks for the luck. Happy holidays!

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Merry Christmas!
Mmm K sure
that’s what I was trying to say, everything described and that’s in the picture comes with it, plus it’s manufacturing year is 2018 so almost 4 years old, I would pay the extra 50$ and get one manufactured within this year at least, seems like a total rip to me

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm K sure

that’s what I was trying to say, everything described and that’s in the picture comes with it, plus it’s manufacturing year is 2018 so almost 4 years old, I would pay the extra 50$ and get one manufactured within this year at least, seems like a total rip to me

Some people just think because they paid the new price that they should be able to sell it for the same price they payed for it.. ANYBODY WHO WANT TO BUY ONE WOULD BE BETTER OFF BUYING DIRECTLY FROM GHL.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If both dosers sold how much for the kh director
The doser in the ad isn't sold and I would have to sell as a combo due to one adapter to power both units.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
From the photos it looks like the manufacturing date is 2018 (if im interpretting the green stickers correctly)? Is that correct?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
From the photos it looks like the manufacturing date is 2018 (if im interpretting the green stickers correctly)? Is that correct?
Thanks!
Idk tbh. I prefer not to speculate. Even so, alot of stores including MarineDepot/BRS have equipment on their shelf that were manufactured at earlier date and are still being shipped out to customers. This is because equipment doesn't have an expiration date and will not be tossed out like produce, amount of time sitting on shelf doesn't affect the operation of the equipment, and the warranty is based on the purchase date and not the manufactured date. It was lightly used for 6 months before I moved.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk tbh. I prefer not to speculate. Even so, alot of stores including MarineDepot/BRS have equipment on their shelf that were manufactured at earlier date and are still being shipped out to customers. This is because equipment doesn't have an expiration date and will not be tossed out like produce, amount of time sitting on shelf doesn't affect the operation of the equipment, and the warranty is based on the purchase date and not the manufactured date. It was lightly used for 6 months before I moved.
I only asked because from doing some research it looks like GHL made modifications to their equipment because the earlier models had faulty parts that needed correcting. In one R2R thread, a user recommended only buying after the changes were made because of the issues.

I totally get that equipment is not like produce, just for my own interest and user friendliness, I was curious as a buyer what I would be getting into.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only asked because from doing some research it looks like GHL made modifications to their equipment because the earlier models had faulty parts that needed correcting. In one R2R thread, a user recommended only buying after the changes were made because of the issues.

I totally get that equipment is not like produce, just for my own interest and user friendliness, I was curious as a buyer what I would be getting into.
I understand; no issues . The changes were software side according to all release notes for the Kh Director. GHL doesn't have any release notes on their site showing there was a change in the hardware for the units or release of an upgraded version (kh director 2, for example). I had zero issues with while it was in operation and still no issues after testing for this ad. Most of the early common complaints were leaking and that was because many users did not tighten the probe correctly with the included seal.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This classified ad has expired and has been removed.

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This classified ad has been re-listed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back