• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

GHL Missed the mark for customer service D-

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always thought GHL products were supposed to be known for their high quality products and German engineering and yadda yadda. Well I am finding out the hard way that their customer service is sub par.

I purchased a GHL doser 2.1 back in early august 2018 and not even 3 months later I had a double failure of 2 pump heads. These 2 heads are responsible for my calcium and alkalinity in a pretty SPS dominated reef. I opened up a ticket with GHL on 10/27 expecting with such a new unit, I would have replacements parts or a replacement doser in my hand by the following week. The first response I received was from Vinny on 10/30 asking me a few questions about the usage the 2 heads were getting and asking for a mailing address saying he wanted to send me "2 new caps". I responded within minutes and was appreciative that I was going to hopefully get my doser back up and running within the week, turns out that wasn't going to happen.

After not hearing anything back from GHL, and not receiving anything in the mail and having plans to be away last weekend, I tried reaching out again late last week asking for an update and if the replacements would arrive in time for the weekend.... No answer.

I ended up switching the programming for the alk and cal to the other 2 dosing pumps on the doser figuring I can manually dose my mag and acropower and it wont be too big of a deal if i miss the weekend.

I sent out another message yesterday asking for an update, which as of today has still gone unanswered. In an attempt to get my issue resolved more rapidly I figured it may be better posting about my request for help in a more public arena where GHL would know their reputation may be dinged a bit more for non-action when more than 1 person is aware of it.

I will obviously update this post if/when this issue is addressed/resolved as my intentions are not malicious.

@Vinny@GHLUSA @Marco@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you direct us to where these responses have been sent?

We will check-in on this and see where communication may have fallen short.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A response has been posted on that ticket.

OP
OP
Reefiness

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A response has been posted on that ticket.

Thank you!

For anyone following along, I will share the message sent to me in that ticket system...

"I apologize for the lack of response. There seems to have been an error in our ticket system as it had not updated itself to say that responses were being sent. Typically, we get notifications of customer replies and responses are had within 24 working hours. We are looking into this error to make sure it does not happen again.

We will be overnighting your caps to the address provided.

Going forward, as a US-based customer, please email us for more immediate responses.

[email protected]"

I would say I am rather happy with the response I received to this. I would also point out that anyone having issues with GHL customer service may want to use the email address ([email protected]) rather than the ticketing system which I defaulted to from my experience with other aquarium product companies.

Thanks again Vinny! A+ on the rebound shot.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

maybe a note on this:
rather than the ticketing system which I defaulted to from my experience with other aquarium product companies
The ticket system is usually the right location to get support in as a first step, it is for us - and likely most other companies - just impossible to handle all support cases via emails.
-> please use the support options as explained here:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/

in the rare case where a ticket is overseen or there is a technically issue (like it was obviously here) please feel free to send us a reminder via email

sorry for the inconvinience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back