GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not been able to get GCC to connect to the P4 via wifi. I know its on wifi because the dashboard works on myGHL.

I believe you can only connect to GCC via USB, don't quote me on that as I just got mine connected and haven't even figured out how to turn on Socket 1 lol :)

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you can only connect to GCC via USB, don't quote me on that as I just got mine connected and haven't even figured out how to turn on Socket 1 lol :)

Double click the socket, designate it using the drop down list, name it, and save changes. So lets say S1 is your return pump. I would designate it as stream pump 1, and titled return pump.

2017-02-25.png

2017-02-25 (1).png

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double click the socket, designate it using the drop down list, name it, and save changes. So lets say S1 is your return pump. I would designate it as stream pump 1, and titled return pump.
Stream pump is for powerbeads like Tunze, hence the 1-16 in the second drop down menu. Those numbers correspond to your stream pumps set up under the EXTRAS tab.
Not saying it won't work, but if you end up setting up stream pumps later you may run into problems.
I would use Filter (1-4) instead of Stream. Then you can set it up to turn off during feed mode, also under the Extras tab.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stream pump is for powerbeads like Tunze, hence the 1-16 in the second drop down menu. Those numbers correspond to your stream pumps set up under the EXTRAS tab.
Not saying it won't work, but if you end up setting up stream pumps later you may run into problems.
I would use Filter (1-4) instead of Stream. Then you can set it up to turn off during feed mode, also under the Extras tab.

I figured as much. Thanks, ill go "filter" with my return and skimmer (skimmer if off right now). Think ill leave mp40's on "stream pump" for now.

Can "stream pump" values override programmed settings on the mp40's? Also, can I set the speed of my rio 400 refugium pump using "stream pump" values?

Last edited:

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And make sure you are using a lower version of GCC like 1.0.9.2.
I had the same wifi results with 1.0.9.4

This entails starting completely over, correct? Recalibrating probes, and full setup.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This entails starting completely over, correct? Recalibrating probes, and full setup.
Nothing is stored in the GCC app or on your computer. Every time you connect to the P4, GCC reads the data on the P4 and displays it. That's all it's doing.

That said...
Go up to Backup and Restore at the top, and choose "Transmit all settings from Profilux to file". Which you should do periodically anyway as a backup.
Then install the older version.
GCC "should" read the P4 and see all your current settings. If anything got screwed up, you have the file you can load by choosing "transmit all settings from file to Profilux".
The only thing I'm sure of when going backwards is if it will save your connection settings... but you're trying to fix that anyway.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can "stream pump" values override programmed settings on the mp40's? Also, can I set the speed of my rio 400gph refugium pump using "stream pump" values?
You need the Vortech module to control the mp40's. Stream Pump settings will have no effect.
To control variable speed DC pumps they need to be 0-10v compatible and hooked up to a 0-10v port.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if some of the other issues im having (p
You need the Vortech module to control the mp40's. Stream Pump settings will have no effect.
To control variable speed DC pumps they need to be 0-10v compatible and hooked up to a 0-10v port.

Thanks, I had a feeling more was needed to do that.
Nothing is stored in the GCC app or on your computer. Every time you connect to the P4, GCC reads the data on the P4 and displays it. That's all it's doing.

That said...
Go up to Backup and Restore at the top, and choose "Transmit all settings from Profilux to file". Which you should do periodically anyway as a backup.
Then install the older version.
GCC "should" read the P4 and see all your current settings. If anything got screwed up, you have the file you can load by choosing "transmit all settings from file to Profilux".
The only thing I'm sure of when going backwards is if it will save your connection settings... but you're trying to fix that anyway.

Thanks. Ill do this today.

Great, thanks again!

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do I still need to set up a timer for it or selecting "Filter" will turn on the socket 24/7? Im coming from an Apex system so this is a new and somewhat confusing lol

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I still need to set up a timer for it or selecting "Filter" will turn on the socket 24/7? Im coming from an Apex system so this is a new and somewhat confusing lol
Setting it up as filter, the socket should be ON.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I still need to set up a timer for it or selecting "Filter" will turn on the socket 24/7? Im coming from an Apex system so this is a new and

I just took all my pumps and set them as filter 1-4 now, as opposed to running them as stream pump setup 1.

I see advantages and disadvantages. Setup on stream pump would allow me to setup 4 separate feeds modes. Now as filter 1-4 I have each pump on their own feed mode switch. This is cool because I can now choose what pump I want on or off when I go to feed. It'seems the same but different.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting it up as filter, the socket should be ON.

I actually just set mine to always on since I'll be controlling my RD3 via the 0-10v port. I might even take it off the powerbar since it doesn't really need to be on there.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since I'll be controlling my RD3 via the 0-10v port. I might even take it off the powerbar since it doesn't really need to be on there.
Correct. If you're pump is 0-10v compatible, use one of those ports and free up a socket.

So I went from pushing 1 button all off feed mode, to more optional 4 button feed mode.
Wut? o_O lol

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick check please Chaps, when configuring a 5:1 powerbar, if I want the socket to immediately power up following a power outage I check the box under the corresponding socket number in the PAB configuration menu? Is that correct?
Cheers Paul

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31

Yes it will automatically be on when the power comeback. When the computer has started up – the computer settings for that outlet will override the initial setting. If your computer goes down or the PAB will go down – the powerbar waits 1 minute with the computer settings – after that it will turn on the initial settings. It means that you should not have a heather without internal regulation connected to a outlet with a check for initial on! But its good to have the return pump connected to an outlet that has initial on checked.

Sincerely Lasse

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back