OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FLSharkvictim I am making this very decision. What did you end up buying?

@mrramsey - I ended up going with the Ultimate kit - the ProfiLux4 incl Touch screen plus, a ton of extras. i got a deal that I could not pass up especially since it was brand new. Plus, i just got my GHL #MaxiSA doser a few months ago from Jason over @premiumaquatics for my AWC's thats connected to my saltwater mixing station! I haven't hooked up the P4 or did any type of calibrations yet to the probes b/c i am still waiting on my new sump from Synergy to match up with my 20'' Synergy External Overflow box. There us no doubt that GHL Controllers and the software are a little more complicated then your Apex but I know one thing for being a company located in Germany they have a pretty solid tech support in the USA plus, they have a killer forum and (TONS of YouTube videos on how to hook things up and get going. There is no doubt that the Apex 2016 model is easier or more basic to run vs the ProfiLux. The good news, is you don't need a 5 modules to run things and like you need with the Apex vs the new ProfiLux it literally looks like the back of my cable box under your TV. Plug in and play! @Brew12 - I don't thing think that Apex Fusion is anyt better than My GHL Controller center - They both do the same thing turn things on and off, it's just with MyGHL everything is already pre coded so you don't have to write those silly codes that took a little over a few months for me to learn the language sort of speak along with many calls to Neptune. I switched over when I sent in my Energy bars to Apex since both were damaged from the Hurricane and the outlets were not working so i had to sent in both power bars and when i got them back they were all screwed up and the little LEDS lights that are on the power bars were no longer working but it did before it got shipped to Apex for the repair. I mean i bought these brand new from BRS it's not like they were used. One of there reps told me it's ok, you really don't need those lights! Well when I drop close to a K for your gear I expect everything to work perfectly and if not fix it the proper way. So thats was basically that broke the straw to the camels back with for me with Neptune. I was sick and tired of dealing with them so I jumped ship over to GHL gear and i am so glad did.. Whats awesome about the GHL Control center it's automatically calculates its for you everything for you all you do is just plug in your numbers.. Ones you are able to navigate through myGHL & myGHL Control Center, you're good to go! So since i have own the Apex and the ProfiLux4, in my opinion - the GHL Controller is the clear winner here ones you understand the software! They only CON I give GHL is that there software is geared for a PC's and not so compatible with a MAC's.... I heard you can still run one off a mac but you must have a program for windows. Hopefully one day they will have it for the I/O platform in a few yrs. Thats was the only draw back, I HAD to go out and drop a few more hundred on a new laptop PC. Here are a few pictures. FYI, what controller did you end up going with?

PRO4ULTSET.JPG

GHL P4 & #MaxiSA doser for AWC's.
PRO4#1.JPG

Maxi SA Unit.JPG

GHL Touch screen
P4&MaxiSA.JPG

Back of my ProfiLux 4
backoftheProfiLux4.jpg

Back of my #MaxiSA Doser
s-l1600 (6).jpg

SCA Rimless - 150
PRO4#4.JPG

Back of the Maxi SA.JPG

Custom rimless SCA 150.jpg

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, there are probably 100x (if not more) the number of Apex units in the wild than there are GHL, so going by incident numbers isn't really apples to apples.

If one just considers the US, then agreed; if one considers beyond US, maybe not so much. But since the majority of folks here on R2R are 'local', your observation about incident incidences is likely valid.

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one just considers the US, then agreed; if one considers beyond US, maybe not so much. But since the majority of folks here on R2R are 'local', your observation about incident incidences is likely valid.

Very good point. GHL has a massive presence in Europe. Personally, I don't think we hear about as many incidents overseas since I'd assume most folks are primarily on EU based boards, but then again I could be totally wrong about that.

pcarvalho78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
One question, the GHL Profilux monitor energy consume of power bar sockets ? And in Neptune power bar ?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
One question, the GHL Profilux monitor energy consume of power bar sockets ? And in Neptune power bar ?
I'm pretty sure that GHL just shows current, the Neptune shows current and calculates power.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back