GHL ProfiLux Controller (4/4e) – Quick Tutorial – How to Configure Notifications/Alert Sending

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the latest release of the #GHL Connect App 2.6 we can now configure alert and notifications for your ProfiLux Controller within the GHL Connect App. Before this was ported over to the GHL Connect app you needed to configure this within the GHL desktop software. With this feature ported over I can only think of 3 things still not ported from the desktop app to the Android/Apple GHL Connect App.

Alerts/Notifications can be sent to an email address or via Text messaging. GHL is currently upgrading it true SMS gateway which will not be dependent on the internet but just connect to a local cellular tower.

Because the technology is using email to SMS gateways, I thought it would be good to list the common cell phone carrier email to SMS gateways that can be used for sending an alert to your phone via a text message.

AT&T: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
T-Mobile: [email protected] (SMS & MMS)
Verizon: (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
Sprint: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
XFinity Mobile: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
Virgin Mobile: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
Tracfone: [email protected] (MMS)
Metro PCS: [email protected] (SMS & MMS)
Boost Mobile: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
Cricket: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
Republic Wireless: [email protected] (SMS)
Google Fi (Project Fi): [email protected] (SMS & MMS)
U.S. Cellular: [email protected] (SMS), [email protected] (MMS)
Ting: [email protected]
Consumer Cellular: [email protected]
C-Spire: [email protected]
Page Plus: [email protected]

Please note: GMAIL users may need to enable app security to set this please refer to: https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/...ail-sending-with-ProfiLux-4&p=87640#post87640

Enjoy :)

PS: That is not my Text Number or Email Address in this Tutorial :)

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto - Thank you very much for making this video. It was very helpful, unfortunately I am still having issues getting this to work... I have the latest firmware installed on my P4 (Profilux 7.22, Wifi Module: 7078). I've tried multiple port settings, etc. but have yet to receive an alert or test message. I've tried multiple e-mail addresses and the SMS text e-mail for my provider based on the list you posted. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you screen shot your your settings and post em? Blank out personal info.

What host Email company are you using? Gmail, outlook, yahoo? Check your email settings on the provider side and make sure it’s not blocking the logon from Germany. My Gmail account kept blocking the German log on till I went in and allowed it.

Funny thing, when I use Gmail it will send me texts to my Verizon phone. But it just doesn’t email my outlook account. Kinds getting stopped.

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you screen shot your your settings and post em? Blank out personal info.

What host Email company are you using? Gmail, outlook, yahoo? Check your email settings on the provider side and make sure it’s not blocking the logon from Germany. My Gmail account kept blocking the German log on till I went in and allowed it.

Funny thing, when I use Gmail it will send me texts to my Verizon phone. But it just doesn’t email my outlook account. Kinds getting stopped.

Here are my settings:

38FFC583-7B9F-454B-A228-21B70773CACE.jpeg
B3C7175F-3FD9-4BA9-A890-EC54B1AD9451.png

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet... not positive.. but think that your big problem is Comcasts email system. See what happens is that the GHL system tries to sign into your account from Germany. Well, comcasts system probably doesn’t allow 3rd party stuff.

This is all me guessing here so I could be wrong. But if you want to use comcast I would call their tech support and ask them for help.

Otherwise, create a dedicated gmail account just for your tank and use them.

For reference, here is my Gmail set up.
7B8CA256-A755-4564-BC4B-0A55C8AF2918.jpeg

5E05E40D-8925-41D7-A30A-D9513CFFF1D4.jpeg

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got it to work. I think physically power cycling the Profilux is what finally did it. Thanks for the help!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue. The other day Outlook locked my account due to the GHL logins looking suspicious. I reset my account with new password, but when I tested notifications they would not work. I did a power cycle on the P4 and the notifications started working.

DragonWrasse103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue. The other day Outlook locked my account due to the GHL logins looking suspicious. I reset my account with new password, but when I tested notifications they would not work. I did a power cycle on the P4 and the notifications started working.

Yeah, this isn’t the first time a power cycle fixed an issue I was having with the P4.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a p3 current firmware. Is it just me or does the ghl connect app not have enough room for add the text address.?

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open up a support ticket if it is not enough characters so they are made aware :)

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Configure the email gateway you wish to use. I use google and hotmail for example.

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Configure the email gateway you wish to use. I use google and hotmail for example.

Thank You! In this case (as per the video) the email goes as follows:
P4 -> GHL E-mail servers -> Live/Gmail/etc. E-Mail server

1574714261183.png

The question is, can I send an e-mail such as P4 -> E-mail Server (without relaying it through GHL's e-mail server)?:)

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I read your original post completely wrong. Sorry no, It needs to go through the GHL servers. You could email support and see if they have any other options.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back