GHL Profilux mini can't connect to wifi

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to switch to GHL from Neptune because I was frustrated with Neptune Apex connectivity issues (which has been rock solid sense the GHL boxes showed up, go figure). Now I have spent multiple hours trying to get the Profilux mini to connect to my wifi network and no dice. I have Verizon Fios as ISP and an Asus Zen Wifi AX system. I stopped trying to connect to the Asus system given others issues with mesh networks and ghl devices. I have spent a good portion of this afternoon trying to get the mini to connect to my 2.4ghz band on my Fios network. I disabled the 5ghz band and have a repeater five feet from the controller. When I walk thru the steps in the app, I can get to the part where I enter my home network info, but can never get to the point where I can see the unit's hot spot. I don't have a pC so I can't connect via USB. Beyond frustrated. I don't want to have to buy a PC to connect to this device and I would prefer not setting up a third network just to run two fish tanks. I'm on the verge of sending the controllers back and selling the vortech controller that I bought from GHL without seeing that you can't send stuff back once shipped. Help please. BTW, I'm a networking novice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to switch to GHL from Neptune because I was frustrated with Neptune Apex connectivity issues (which has been rock solid sense the GHL boxes showed up, go figure). Now I have spent multiple hours trying to get the Profilux mini to connect to my wifi network and no dice. I have Verizon Fios as ISP and an Asus Zen Wifi AX system. I stopped trying to connect to the Asus system given others issues with mesh networks and ghl devices. I have spent a good portion of this afternoon trying to get the mini to connect to my 2.4ghz band on my Fios network. I disabled the 5ghz band and have a repeater five feet from the controller. When I walk thru the steps in the app, I can get to the part where I enter my home network info, but can never get to the point where I can see the unit's hot spot. I don't have a pC so I can't connect via USB. Beyond frustrated. I don't want to have to buy a PC to connect to this device and I would prefer not setting up a third network just to run two fish tanks. I'm on the verge of sending the controllers back and selling the vortech controller that I bought from GHL without seeing that you can't send stuff back once shipped. Help please. BTW, I'm a networking novice.
Can this be deleted please. I moved it to the GHL forum. Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back