GHL PropellerBreeze users, how to screw in back the screws?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

i wanted to rotate the mounting feet due to space limitation on my tank so i unscrewed 2 of the screws. I didnt come to a point where i rotate it yet, but i just realized that i can't screw in the screws back! Is there a way to fix this?

I posted this problem on the official GHL Support forum (german website) looking for help and they unshamingly deleted my thread!! Great support.

8642F7D3-0119-4BFE-BF23-B6A4EFCB1951.jpg

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering the same thing and posted it on the forum and this was the reply I got from @Vinny@GHLUSA so I am just using it as manufactured. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
reeferdugong

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info @mlandscape. I watched one youtube video and the guy casually said it's doable so thats why i wanted to try it. Thank god i just unscrewed 2 of them. I guess it can't be repaired anymore and i might've to super glue the screws..

It's still very shameful of the German support team to just delete my thread instead of giving any comment!

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to unscrew one of mine and found it wouldn't retighten fully so tightened it as best as I could and left it at that. It's now secured and working fine.

I can honestly say that I have never had a thread deleted - they are usually very good - benefit of the doubt it could have been a genuine mistake.

OP
OP
reeferdugong

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried to retighten them too but to no avail. I probably will just super glue them so they won't hang like in the picture.
Well i've reposted a new thread there, just for the sake of it, let's see if they delete it again this time ;)

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the screws held on? You may need to open it all the way up to get access if they are nuts.

Here's a thread where I opened mine up. It's the old style, but looks similar.

OP
OP
reeferdugong

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think the screws are held by nuts, because, once the screws are loose, you can't hear any rattling sound inside the casing. Im afraid to mess it up further, id rather have 2 loose screws.

But, i just realized that they opened a ticket and sent me an Email before i opened a thread here. I didnt check my mail beforehand so that's a mistake from my side, so i would like to apologize to GHL Support team. It's still weird of them to delete a thread instead of replying with a short sentence that they opened a ticket or something...

Zotch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The screws have silver nuts on the other side that are not held down. So they will spin, and if you take the screw all the way out the nut will bonce around on the inside..

OP
OP
reeferdugong

reeferdugong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah after contacting GHL, they confirmed that there are nuts on the inside. I'm not sure if i want to risk damaging the whole fan by dissambling it so i'll just leave the screws as they are now. The one foot still hold, only those 2 screws hang loose. I'll just tape em for the time being.

Thanks guys for helping me out :)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't d
yeah after contacting GHL, they confirmed that there are nuts on the inside. I'm not sure if i want to risk damaging the whole fan by dissambling it so i'll just leave the screws as they are now. The one foot still hold, only those 2 screws hang loose. I'll just tape em for the time being.

u cant hurt it.. if uwanna fix it so its write.. whenever that is.. PM me.. its cake... ill walk u through it..

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same thing just happened to me. What a pain in the butt. Fan is nice but there should be low and high speed like all the Chinese knock offs on Amazon for $20. And no, I already have a neptune apex do not need their controller and variable speed module etc….. lots of money for a computer fan. Hoping this works. Positive is it is super silent and like the rigid metal… hope it don’t rust my fish like to splash

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back