brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

For two reasons

1. I have two multi years fallow tank test threads handy or I wouldn’t be updating
2. Bacteria are the topic of the day as of now, what the masses thought in 2016 is still thought today... but those fallow test threads tho.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/might-start-a-nano-15gal-column-need-advice.429907/

One fact is coming. I’m not letting the hobby maintain it’s currently inaccurate viewpoints on aquarium microbiology in 2019, challenge status quo
get me some links anyone else worked on. For the last two years, did any counter claimants here make work we can read, one solid measure of any of it

*ghost feeding here/this thread I mean for bacteria support

Bacteria solely are the goal. To define what they require from us, and what they don’t require. Of course if someone fallows out a full reef to rid crypto, you are going to feed corals and inverts over two and a half mos. the intent is the bacteria, and I stayed busy always keeping up with thread trends and found some that reinforce old works like this one

when we see bacteria as tough / not weak we expand reef tank options vs squelching them—> What we are allowed to do in reaction to an invasion, or a disease, or preemptively, is affected by the limits we set governed by our knowledge of filtration bacteria and want it takes to keep them functioning.

Last edited:

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

For two reasons

1. I have two multi years fallow tank test threads handy or I wouldn’t be updating
2. Bacteria are the topic of the day as of now, what the masses thought in 2016 is still thought today... but those fallow test threads tho.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/might-start-a-nano-15gal-column-need-advice.429907/

One fact is coming. I’m not letting the hobby maintain it’s currently inaccurate viewpoints on aquarium microbiology in 2019, we do battle. for advancement of science, get me some links anyone else worked on. For the last two years, did any claimants here make work we can read

*ghost feeding here I mean for bacteria support

Bacteria solely are the goal. To define what they require from us, and what they don’t require. Of course if someone fallows out a full reef to rid crypto, you are going to feed corals and inverts over two and a half mos. the intent is the bacteria, and I stayed busy always keeping up with thread trends and misnomers.
I agree. Bacteria can survive in the most harsh environments. I've left tanks empty for years then stocked it with no problems. I've cleaned sand and rocks with tap water with no problems. I had a bad cyano problem so I pulled all my rocks and sand and rinsed them in tap water plus a 100% water change then waited 24hrs to let the tank settle before putting fish back. That was a year ago in my sons biocube and its doing great with not a spec of algae and he hasn't even cleaned the glass in over 6 months and it's clear minus some coraline.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I feel ghost feeding has value is in an otherwise sterile QT system started with bottled bacteria. In this case one single good feeding is good for months.

Back