• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Giant Miami Hurricane Chalice ‘Frags’

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyre between 10-13 eyes each, very large pieces of real Miami Hurricane chalice. How much do y’all think I can reasonably sell these for? I was thinking $75?
CCFA9425-1CCB-4E16-97E9-723A66B3127E.jpeg

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think reefer to reefer that’s a very fair price. You could actually ask for $100 and I don’t think that would be unreasonable. I think I paid $40 for a two-eye frag a while back, but that was from an online vendor. I wouldn’t price it “per eye” like some of the really high-end rainbows; but it’s an awesome coral and those are awesome frags. I don’t know, as I’m typing this I’m thinking you should start at $100 and then maybe drop to $75 if you don’t get any takers. GLWS!

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think reefer to reefer that’s a very fair price. You could actually ask for $100 and I don’t think that would be unreasonable. I think I paid $40 for a two-eye frag a while back, but that was from an online vendor. I wouldn’t price it “per eye” like some of the really high-end rainbows; but it’s an awesome coral and those are awesome frags. I don’t know, as I’m typing this I’m thinking you should start at $100 and then maybe drop to $75 if you don’t get any takers. GLWS!
Thank you!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think because they have been around for a while now, the prices have slumped a little. so I would think pieces that size would be in the $60 to $75 range.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think because they have been around for a while now, the prices have slumped a little. so I would think pieces that size would be in the $60 to $75 range.
That’s what I was thinking price-wise. I don’t want to rip anybody off but I also don’t want to low ball myself because this was a pretty expensive piece when I bought it. I did a little research and frags with 4-5 eyes seem to be in the $20-$30 range so I figured $75 is a pretty fair price because these frags are so large. Thank you!

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was thinking price-wise. I don’t want to rip anybody off but I also don’t want to low ball myself because this was a pretty expensive piece when I bought it. I did a little research and frags with 4-5 eyes seem to be in the $20-$30 range so I figured $75 is a pretty fair price because these frags are so large. Thank you!
do you still have it?

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I am trying to figure out how to price something. I will search here on R2R what things have sold for recently. It’s a better way to come up with a hobbyist price. As far as matching online store prices, you are going to have a hard time getting those prices as you are just a hobbyist. Even then only the best of the best online stores with name recognition can get that top dollar.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked around on here and on my local forums, on the local forums pieces like this are actually about $150. I’m not really trying to sell it on R2R cause I don’t really want to deal with shipping for just one piece.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back