• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Giesemann Aurora 48" for sale

DanP-SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm transitioning an SPS tank to soft corals/anemones and my Giesemann Aurora is overkill. It's the 48" model with 3 85w LEDs and 4 54w T-5s. Easily the best Reef light I've ever owned. The color, shimmer, usability and power are all top notch. Corals grow like weeds. It's all controllable wirelessly with full dimming and mixing capability on 5 different channels including two for the T5s.

I usually sell Reef gear on eBay but wanted to give the R2R community first shot. This unit is in pristine condition and sells new for $2,199. I'm asking $1500 and will ship free within the lower 48. I'll include my 4 T-5 bulbs but I can't guarantee they'll survive the trip. I package with great care. This unit will be better protected than the manufacturer packaging but the bulbs are fragile and may need to be replaced. The bulbs are relatively new and, assuming they make the trip, have about 2/3 of their usable life left. I have three ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Coral Plus, which is a great blend that seems to work well for coral growth and the human eye.

I'll post pics separately. And I'll keep this item exclusively available on R2R for a week or two before putting it on eBay.

OP
OP
D

DanP-SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to the length of the fixture, it's difficult to get it all in one frame but here are a few shots.

IMG_2259.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2254.JPG

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to own this exact fixture... amazing piece of equipment! Good luck with the sale.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
D

DanP-SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been in operation for about 16 months. The LEDs were run 8 hours a day at ranges of 40-60% per channel for the first year and about 6 hours a day since. The T5s were run slightly longer but at a slower ramp up for sunrise and sunset effect so I'd estimate they averaged 30-40% intensity over a 9 or 10 hour cycle. The T5 bulbs are fairly new.

OP
OP
D

DanP-SD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a PM with two good questions so I'm posting the responses here: 1) the unit comes with the wire suspension hanging kit; and 2) for local pickup, I'll lower the price to $1300.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back