Giesemann Aurora LED T5 Hybrid Fixture

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine. The screws coming out of the top where the hanging kit screws onto are only sticking out about 1/8". Is this normal?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield what version of the software are you using? My docs say to download Geisemann Aurora BT but I don't see it listed.

I finally found something that said to use the Futura software and was able to connect to the light! Boy this is going to take some playing with to figure it out. Wonder if there's any kind of tutorial out there that someone has done.

Last edited:

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield what version of the software are you using? My docs say to download Geisemann Aurora BT but I don't see it listed.

I finally found something that said to use the Futura software and was able to connect to the light! Boy this is going to take some playing with to figure it out. Wonder if there's any kind of tutorial out there that someone has done.

Yeah, there's no Aurora software... you just use the FuturaBT software.

Just let me know if you have any questions on programming... I'm an expert on this thing at this point lol.

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do these things weigh? They look heavy and just wondering if I will need to do something special to hang?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just let me know if you have any questions on programming... I'm an expert on this thing at this point lol.

Maybe we can start an official thread for help like this. ;)

Viperdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights look great! I didn't know giessman was making these. The only other t5/led combo I know of is the Pacific suntil hyperion. But theyou are twice the price of these. Anyone know why the Pacific Sun costs so much compared to these?

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question for you guys that are hanging these fixtures from your ceiling. I'm looking to purchase the 60 inch unit and the weight is a concern for me. How are you hanging them? Are you reinforcing joists in the ceiling? Toggle bolts?

Any guidance here would be appreciated. :(

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the hangers don't line up with the ceiling joists I'd attach some 2x4s in between the joists and attach to those. That way you know it's securely attached to wood and won't pull the sheetrock down.

Gowap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the aurora running now for about a year. Love it.
However i've changed the giesemann t5 bulbs for Ati t5 bulbs.

misspurl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of building a new tank: 300 gallons w/ dimensions 72 x 36 x 27. Right now I have a Kessil AP700 on my 150 gallon cube. My options are to either buy 2 more Kessils and run 3 of those, or else I have been toying with the idea of running a T5/LED combo. I really like the Aurora, but I'm concerned that the 60" may not be big enough. I would want to hang the light, so I am sure that raising it will help with the length, but any feedback on if coverage front-to-back would be good? It is 36" in that dimension.

I've also read that the T5's are not dimmable for the 60" fixture. Can anyone confirm this? If so, is this even an issue? I've never run anything but LEDs, so I'm used to having total programming control.

Thanks!

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over my reefer 425xl I run Giesemann 6 bulb Matrix 2 with Reefbrite stripes in it. I put this light together because I wanted 6 dimmable T5 and dimmable LED.
YRZ5NZCh.jpg

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2x ATI Actinic
4x ATI Blue Plus
2x Reef Brite 50/50

Im actually considering swapping the 50/50 for all blue but can't decide.

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Toby
I just got this fixture. Would you mind sharing some of your settings? Thanks Man

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back