Giesemann T5 Super Actinic anyone use em?

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO like the title says anyone use the Super Actinic? I need a couple of ne Actincs for my hybrid and would normally just buy ATI True Actinic but no place in town carries them any more. I can get the Super actinic in town though but have never seen one on a tank or know anyone that uses them to offer advise.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO like the title says anyone use the Super Actinic? I need a couple of ne Actincs for my hybrid and would normally just buy ATI True Actinic but no place in town carries them any more. I can get the Super actinic in town though but have never seen one on a tank or know anyone that uses them to offer advise.
Is it the Actinic blue? If so here is some comparisons of the 2 companies I picked of the web awhile back. I would stick with ATI. They get better while the other is falling off fast for quality at the 100 hour mark of use.

Screenshot_2017-01-20-23-06-30.png

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m using them in combination with blue+, and I like them.
Granted this is over zoas and lps, but I feel the growth has increased and the colors are becoming more vivid.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a blue+, coral+, blue+, true actinic combo
First 5 months with no true actinic. My Rastas went from 4 to 7. After I put the true actinic in. They went from 7 to 90+ in 1 year.

IMG_20180207_142125.jpg

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a blue+, coral+, blue+, true actinic combo
First 5 months with no true actinic. My Rastas went from 4 to 7. After I put the true actinic in. They went from 7 to 90+ in 1 year.

Thanks for the info but I built a hybrid fixture with 2 Hydra 26's and 4 T5's, not looking for a combo to run.
I want to replace 1 of my 3 Blue+ and my current True Actinic with 2 Super Actinicsince I can get them intwon but cannot get the ATI in town.
I was just curious if anyone uses the Giesemann and what they thought about them if they had.

OP
OP
Finhead

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using them in combination with blue+, and I like them.
Granted this is over zoas and lps, but I feel the growth has increased and the colors are becoming more vivid.

Great to hear. Thanks. :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back