Give it to me straight, Doc. Is tge 750xxl v3 safe???

Fishnfun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom seem on my 750xxl v1 has obvious delamination and it's just a matter of time before we get that indoor pool that I never wanted.

To Red Sea's credit, they were very fast and accommodating in sending a replacement. I got the 750xxl V3. Oh, that $500 top I had custom made from Top Lids, won't work on the new 750v3, greeeeeeaaaaat.

Anyway, should I even bother setting this thing up, or go with a Cade or IM tank? We are going to be in this house for another 5 years, and I will most certainly either go custom or a different brand in the new house.

Will this tank last me a solid 5 years, or should I cut my financial losses and get something else?

Should I further brace the stand with 2x4's in the corners? I'm not sure what to do.

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut your losses. I did the paper test on my 525 and was able to slid half a sheet of paper in between the tank and stand. Contact Redsea and they wouldn't do anything about it. All i ask for is a brace. My tank is only 18 months old. This is my 3rd red sea tank and i will never buy another red sea products ever again

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go with cade waterbox or innovative marine, I would never beta test a red sea tank again.

Jackheim1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut your losses. I did the paper test on my 525 and was able to slid half a sheet of paper in between the tank and stand. Contact Redsea and they wouldn't do anything about it. All i ask for is a brace. My tank is only 18 months old. This is my 3rd red sea tank and i will never buy another red sea products ever again
Hey, whats the paper test? Bought a used red sea 525xl need a stand..deciding to make or buy new? Not sure on paper..do I have to use their standard and leveling mats? Thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back