Give it to me straight, is the 750xxl v3 safe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishnfun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom seem on my 750xxl v1 has obvious delamination and it's just a matter of time before we get that indoor pool that I never wanted.

To Red Sea's credit, they were very fast and accommodating in sending a replacement. I got the 750xxl V3. Oh, that $500 top I had custom made from Top Lids, won't work on the new 750v3, greeeeeeaaaaat.

Anyway, should I even bother setting this thing up, or go with a Cade or IM tank? We are going to be in this house for another 5 years, and I will most certainly either go custom or a different brand in the new house.

Will this tank last me a solid 5 years, or should I cut my financial losses and get something else?

Should I further brace the stand with 2x4's in the corners? I'm not sure what to do.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply. I have seen at my LFS a 750XXL and the 900XXL they have running for 6 months now with no issues on the stands or tanks failing. The upgrade on the 750 works out well.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it come with the new stand too, with additional center support? If so, I would set it up. Reinforced really well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back